ASUS Great Service Log : GTX 690 RMA to GTX TITAN.

Infected

Skilled
I have had a great experience with ASUS India. And would like to share.

I have had an ASUS GTX 690 with me which I bought in November 2012.
After some holidays when I got back to gaming I noticed my SLI was not working properly.
And I did the normal R&D, new Windows, even tried different windows drivers etc, and found out that in LI I was unable to run with any drivers or settings.
Hence sent the card for RMA, on the 13th of August 2013.

Following is the list of events:
13.08.13 : Card given to Local RMA (Latest info tech, Bhopal)
16.08.13 : Checked with ASUS web page the RMA number given to me did not work on the web page so I was a bit shocked.
17.08.13 : Called Latest Info Tech Bhopal where I gave the card to check up, they said it has been send out and they will revert back.
Also sent out an email to Asus service.
(I was traveling from then on till the 29th.)
27:08:13: called Lastet Info Tech, Bhopal to check the status and they gave vague answers, and did confirmed that they have not got any replacement yet. I got fed up and started to look for ASUS India Email and Numbers.
28.08.13 : Called ASUS Service, to check the status, I was told he will call back in 15 mins. Which he in fact did, told me they are looking into a replacement
as it is not repairable, and if another 690 GTX is in stock will let me know which is not very likely but still, I should let him check and We will take
it form there.
An Hour later : As advised, no 690's anywhere, and asked if I am okay with a Credit note. To which I said that I was okay with a GTX Titan, though I still prefer the GTX 690.
They said fine and it will be sent to Rashi Bhopal asap.
29:08:13 : Got a call from Latest Info Tech that my GTX is irreparable and that ASUS has advised a Credit note to be handed over to the distributor in Bhopal itself for further details.
Also Called ASUS Service ti check where was the card they were gonna send for replacement: the GTX Titan. Was told it already been dispatched and I should have it before the weekend.
30.08.13 : Collected the credit note and Called Rashi, Bhopal. They asked me if I was nearby which I was as I had just collected the credit note. He asked me if I could give him a copy of
the Credit note so he could inform the required people and get it done.
31.08.13 : Called Asus service to check, and was told card should be at Rashi, Bhopal by 2:00PM. I called Rashi Bhopal at 2:20 odd, and was told that it had st come in and I cpould collect it.
31.08.13 : Installed and back to gaming.

I know a lot of pople were crying a few years ago about ASUS, but I have always been very loyal to them and this has been a very good experience.
Though I still liked my GTX 690 more, I am fine with then Titan. I can totally understand why the 690's can't be found anywhere but that's not their fault really.
I could have paid a bit and taken 2 780's as well, but wait, maybe I will get someone's Titan to SLI as these guys don't seem that power hungry; think the 1050 can handle it. Lets see for now this is fine.

Happy Gaming.
Cheers,

(Disclaimer: I am not compelled to write this but I am as I have had the best experience with any company providing RMA services in India.
I am no way connected to ASUS or any other company or website. I am an end User just like you.)

PS. See ya in Dota :)

Back