Asus Gtx 680 Un-boxing...Kepler Is Here :)

Hey Everyone
happy19.gif

This has been a good month in tech terms.. With the release of Nvidia's new 28nm architechture caller Kepler in the form the GTX 680 aka GK104.

Today i will be un-boxing the Asus Gtx 680 to answer that familiar question.. Whats in the box ?

Enough talk... here is the fastest gpu on the planet as of now .

Features & Specfications

Presenting the Asus Gtx 680

Asus has completely changed the look on its packaging and it looks pretty nice
happy19.gif

The back of the box has all the special features and specifications laid out very well .

Inside the box though we still find the same high quality Asus packaging . This ensures the card gets to you safe.

Above the graphics card we find the box that contains the accessory bundle. Mind you , its extremly spartan in terms of whats in the box and i would have loved to see all the extensions included with such a high end card .

See what i mean ? Thats all you get.. and i aint kidding !!

Now we get to the real deal
happy19.gif
.. sitting there all cozy in its box.. ready to unleash !!

And here it is folks... The Asus Gtx 680 , Kepler in the flesh.

As you can tell by the label on the back of the PCB.. this is a refrence Nvidia Card. Notice the FCC Nvidia Corp imprint on the PCB.

Here we get a good look at the stepped/Parellel power connectors that nvidia decided to go with for better cable management. But i now see a problem with this design for the people who want to watercool their cards to keep them to a Single slot. That is not going to be possible anymore with these power connectors using up a full 2 slots of space. This might just get fixed for the non refrence boards though .

A close up of the New GEFORCE logo as well as the 2x 6pin power connectors.

The card sports 4 outputs and is multi display capable. 2x DVI ports along with a Display Port and HDMI ports are provided. Its strange to see a Full size Display port connector though since AMD now only uses Mini Display Port for the space savings.

Asus also covers the card with a nice protective film of plastic to prevent the nice shiny surface from developing scratches .

Its smexyy from every angle
tongu23e.gif

Another thing i did notice and tried my best to capture is the lovely reflective brushed aluminum Asus Logo on the card. That is one heck of a beautiful finish.

Well, Thats all for now folks...

Thank you very much for looking
<

Cheers and kind regards !

Meh. This is three days too late as far as I'm concerned.

Now I'm coming over this evening to pick up those 6970s strewed around your hall.. they will work just fine for me
<

Back