Graphic Cards ASUS HD7770 - LOW FPS Issues

My Friend just bought ASUS HD7770, post the installment on his system, he is getting jittery FPS (Low FPS) on all the games that he is playing including MAX PAYNE 3.
Please find his System Configuration below -

Config: Mobo:ASUS P5QL-E
GPU - ASUS HD7770
Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz
600W psu Zebronics
4 gb ram 800 fsp
500 GB harddisk space

Could anyone suggest as to why this is happening.

PS - He has updated his BIOS & GPU DRIVERS

Resolution at which he is playing?

Low FPS/Jittery FPS at what settings?

Core 2 duo @ 2.4ghz looks slightly slow if paired up with 7770.

Check whether your friend has connected the 6pin PCIE power connector to 7770

GPU Entry Level
CPU Out dated.

You can't expect to do better than low/minimum settings at 1024x768 or 14x9 at most and with at most acceptable performance.

@roman1627 - Which particular core 2 duo model your friend have ??
Can you post the exact fps you are getting during gameplay of max payne 3 ?? And what setting are you using?

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

GPU Entry Level
CPU Out dated.

You can't expect to do better than low/minimum settings at 1024x768 or 14x9 at most and with at most acceptable performance.

Disagree with you . Max payne 3 is well optimised for pc . It run at 27-33 fps on my computer - core 2 duo e4600 2.4ghz , ati 5570 , 2 gb ddr2

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a case of CPU bottleneck to me. Overclocking that processor might help a bit but not much.

Didn't anyone noticed PSU ? that too ZEBRONICS one ?

According to GURU3D

What would happen if your PSU can't cope with the load:

• bad 3D performance
  • crashing games
  • spontaneous reset or imminent shutdown of the PC
  • freezing during gameplay
  • PSU overload can cause it to break down

So, change your PSU and you'll definitely see a performance increase and yeah overclock your processor too !

anyway, What's your screen res of monitor ?

roman1627 - Which particular core 2 duo model your friend have ??
Can you post the exact fps you are getting during gameplay of max payne 3 ?? And what setting are you using?

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Disagree with you . Max payne 3 is well optimised for pc . It run at 27-33 fps on my computer - core 2 duo e4600 2.4ghz , ati 5570 , 2 gb ddr2

7770 needs more power than 5570. check this Radeon HD 5570 vs Radeon HD 7770 – Performance Comparison Benchmarks @ Hardware Compare ashis_lakra is correct.

Back