CPU/Mobo Asus Motherboard RMA by Rashi query

jampack

Adept
Can anyone clarify regarding the Asus motherboard swap warranty by Rashi?

The thing is that my motherboard (M2N-VM DVI) was unable to power up the pc more than a couple of seconds. So I RMAed it with Rashi, Chandigarh. They intended on replacing it with a refurbished M2A-VM (different motherboard with almost similar feature). When I asked about getting a same model, they said they dont have it or you will have to wait for 20 days. I asked for a new board with similar config, they said they could only replace it with a basic board (no dvi, only 2 ram slots). I asked them that I would pay the difference but they didnt agree.

So as it turned out they made me take the refurbished board. Now, they didnt give the back panel for the replacement and also one of th ram slots isnt working.

Can anyone guide me how to proceed further?

First things first, you should've never accepted the refurbished board and demanded a credit note instead. You have not searched these forums for Rashi woes otherwise you'd have been better informed. I am staying away from all Asus's product because of Rashi !

I am not sure much can be done now that you've accepted the board. At best try and RMA this board too.

frankly speakin i really dont like rashi service centre. i had xfx video card which took almost like 2 card for replacemnt and when i went collect it they informed that they have given it to someone else as u were 1 day late ***i was like What **^%&***then i demanded a credit note . for like 30 minutes i really screwed their happiness and didnt allow others to get their part serviced until my issue taken care. atlast they gave me credit note of 7K for 8800gt :) i took that .. from that day decided never buy any parts whose distributor is Rashi ..hopelsss

Just take it to the service center, tell them that u accepted the refurbished board and it still has problems.
Ask them for a new board and straight deny any requests for any thing else. If they deny, talk to the manager and get a credit note. :cool2:

No need to panic, coz panicking makes things worse nothing else.
And believe me, Rashi gives handsome amount as credit notes...:p

if the warranty statements states that the product will be replaced by new or refurbished model ...similar or better... then the replacement is valid.

m2a-vm is better in performance and features compared to m2n-vm dvi ..

about the non working ram slot... you should take the board as soon as possible to rashi and tell them the same... they will replace it with other board.

i would suggest keeping the board for now and replace later to avail similar or better replacement :p

astrono_me said:
Pardon me, but what can you do with a credit note?

its like refund money which is useful only if one considers buying intended/allowed material it is issued for.

as in.. they dont have any valid replacement with them anywhere... they will give you credit note so that you can buy the same(or whatever worth the amount credited + differences) from retail shop...

Really appreciate all the replies guys.

I initially demanded that if they dont have a similar board, i ll pay the difference for the new board. The guy mocked me saying "Agar aise hone laga, to saara desh hi replace krwane aa jaaega". i had no idea of credit note. Most likely i will go on Saturday again and try to get a new board or a credit note.

Does anyone know regarding the terms of service whether they are supposed to replace with a new/refurbished board?

mods, If you dont mistake me, shall i ask onething ?.

I was accused of using sms language by one of the mods and I was subjected to infraction. But here i see some of the people are using Hindhi language which is unknown to other people. Though that is the statement made by other person, the member who is communicating the fact is supposed to tell it in English,right ?

If using sms language is wrong, then using a language other than english is also false, right ?

So what reply are you going to give me now ?

anfjavid said:
mods, If you dont mistake me, shall i ask onething ?.

I was accused of using sms language by one of the mods and I was subjected to infraction. But here i see some of the people are using Hindhi language which is unknown to other people. Though that is the statement made by other person, the member who is communicating the fact is supposed to tell it in English,right ?

If using sms language is wrong, then using a language other than english is also false, right ?

So what reply are you going to give me now ?

hey nobody is using hindi out here dude..that guy is jus quoting what the person has told him...there is no harm in that....

Back