asus or nokia ?

psyfi_hifi

Disciple
want to buy a new phone for myself :) using n72 and tired of it :mad:

i want a pda cum entertainment phone budget 15-20k or 25 may be im not so sure

i have picked up these 3 handsets and now i want you guru's k suggestions on their features worth quality vfm and all..

asus p750
nokia e71
nokia n82

gps is must ! i hope u guys help me asap..picking up at weeks end .

How about an N78! i just got one for me yesterday!:eek:hyeah:

It all the possible features u need like :-

-802.11b/g Wlan(tried Wlan internet in nokia showroom!:eek:hyeah: )

-A-GPS

-3G with secondary call camera

-Main 3.2MP camera with carl zeiss optics and xenon flash (pics are awesome!:hap2: )

-Comes preloaded with Nokia Maps and GPS works out of the box!!! i tried it in the showroom itself!!!:hap2:

+ 3 months free voice navigation, after that 4k/yr for voice nav.!!

- Radio(visual+internet)

- Msg narrator

- aweful lotta ringtone options!!! - like u can even set an MP4 video as a ringtone!!! + built in + ur mp3s etc!

if u ask me Nokia maps is much more simpler to use than any other gps software!!

i've seen some ppl having probs with asus PDAs in setting up GPS and all!!

(might not be true)

Asus are also good except for the Windows Mobile!:( I personally prefer Symbian! but thats just me!:)

A word of caution for N78 - due to the piano black finish on the keypad it can easily get smudged!!!:mad:

This was a big letdown after purchasing the phone!! i've to handle it through a handkerchief! lol!:rofl:

Anyways, whichever phone u buy just make sure that before buying, u should take a full demo of the phone u r interested in + handle the phone for urself and see if u r comfortable with it! especially the keypad!!! in a showroom and see if it suits ur needs!

We can only suggest! it is u who should be comfortable with what u buy!!:)

EDIT - I got it for 19K(if u r interested!) :)

those Asus pda's are more like business inclined phones

out of those 3, for entertainment and stuff-N82 would be the best-camera,music player,etc.
if u r looking for some less fun and more pda-P750

psyfi_hifi said:
and please tell me which is better ? e71 or n82 !

Nokia E71:
+ Superb Build
+ QWERTY Keyboard
+ Amazing Long lasting Battery Life
- Very Poor Camera even though it is 3.2 MP
- Average Music

Nokia N82
+ Best Camera on a Mobile: 5 MP with Xenon Flash
+ Good Music
+ Accelerometer
- Aweful Keypad (better try it before u buy it)
- Average Build Quality

Choose based on your needs :hap2:

spoiltteenbrat said:
Well the best option for u is Asus p527 - 15.8 k (croma price)
It has everything u looking for..I myself in same situation as u are.
Have a 2 yr old n72 looking to buy a pda..after doing a lot of diggin around and reading reviews zeroed in on p527.
You can check the specs here...
Asus P527 - Full phone specifications

I tried the Asus P527. Good phone overall. Just found it a bit too slow due to only 64 MB RAM.
If u r ok with that, its a good phone.

Yea thats the only shortcoming of the p527..
But having used n72 for so long i have developed a lot of patience :p
You can always try out the demo in the store and see for yourself...

n82 eyes closed .. black one that is .. and pls dont compare it to any other phone ..:hap5:

and there are lots of difference in n78 and n82 .. n82 obviously being better ..

n82 keypad is very productive .. no issue at all .. and its build quality is excellent .. i have dropped mine on several occasions without any issues .. that too on hard surfaces ..just dont go by online reviews .. user experience is what matters ..

and abt its cam .. i wont say it has best 5mp cam .. although its one of best .. and best in night/ low light situations coz of that awesome xenon flash .. one of the all time great phones in my book ..

Basically depends on whether u prefer a Symbian QWERTY mobile or a Windows Mobile touchscreen device .

Both have almost similar features. But E71 would be a much faster phone than the P527 since it has 128 MB RAM as against P527's 64 MB.

I would suggest the E71 any day !!

E71 definitely if you are into serious business and have emailing n stuff.... nothing beats the good old qwerty keypad for typing out long emails....

for looks asus P527 kicks ass of the e71.

so decide ur priorities

GPS and Multimedia - N82,
Business plus decent multimedia - E71i
Dont go for the Asus P750 as it won't offer multimedia as good as the N82, PDA functionalities as good as E71i. It has fast processor n touch screen etc etc but usability-wise its not as easy as the Nokias (E71i & N82)

Back