ASUS P5B Deluxe Wi-Fi BIOS screwed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kniwor

Adept
I have an ASUS P5B Dluxe Wi-Fi lying around which got screwed when I decided to use ASUS Update to flash my BIOS. The board was 100% working before the flash. No physical damage anywhere at all. Comes without wi-fi antenna as I am using it with another wifi card. (The antenna is quite good actually :) ). There's I/O Backplate, IEEE bracket, Joystick/USB bracket, Some other bracket (green), Manuals, CD's, IDE cables. Nothing Else.

Here's what happened.
http://www.techenclave.com/cpu-mobo-corner/p5b-deluxe-bios-reflash-help-144974.html

The board is dead, and comes as is.

I have the same mobo.. but some chip is dead.. will it be of any help ? as in chip transplant and stuff ? ( the clock generator has gone bad in mine.. and asus is charging close to 2k to replace it)..

I see no reason why it shouldn't work if u replace the chip with a working one. Unless ur diagnosis is incorrect.

About this mobo, I am pretty sure no hardware on the motherboard is faulty other than the BIOS chip being erased or something. But of-course, a dead mobo comes with mo warranties...lol

interested. from kolkata. Hope all accesories that came with the mobo is available. pm me your a/c no etc, if all including the i/o is available, for money transfer.

Can't the BIOS be replaced/restored from USB. Well, that is what ASUS' Crashfree BIOS is supposed to do isn't it?

WIFI BIOS Flash is available from ASUS, mine started working after that.

Board isn't under warranty.

There's I/O Backplate, IEEE bracket, Joystick/USB bracket, Some other bracket (green), Manuals, CD's, IDE cables.

@axeman

I'm curious how that worked. I don't think I'll have the time to do it on my board but would like to know anyway.

Hi,

Put me in for it if others back out !! PM me the details if you want, But should it be more then Bios then what ??

Lets Assume I get a new Bios Chip or somehow revive the Bios but Mobo doesn't work !

Regards.

kniwor said:
@axeman

I'm curious how that worked. I don't think I'll have the time to do it on my board but would like to know anyway.

It's a simple exe file that flashes the Wifi card firmware. After this, you can use the wifi ap solo software to manage the card connections and profiles etc.

SoundsGreat said:
Hi,

Put me in for it if others back out !! PM me the details if you want, But should it be more then Bios then what ??

Lets Assume I get a new Bios Chip or somehow revive the Bios but Mobo doesn't work !

Regards.

As the thread says, it's a dead board and comes as is. I cant obviously give any test warranties on a dead product can I?

This old thread here has information on what happened. So please decide for yourself if you want to buy it.
http://www.techenclave.com/cpu-mobo-corner/p5b-deluxe-bios-reflash-help-144974.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back