CPU/Mobo Asus P5KC not booting

raj_pol

Skilled
Hi,

I have a 6 or 7 year old computer (Intel core 2 duo 6750, 4GB ram and an Asus P5KC motherboard.) Since yesterday my system has refused to boot. The system powers on, the lights blink but then it simply refuses to boot. This is a common problem it seems with this mobo and I have experienced it myself a couple of times. However this time it has stubbornly refused to come up.

Any solutions before I have to finally say that my system is dead. I was not actually in a mood to by a new system currently.

Thanks

Raj

Hi @raj_pol

heres what you can try :
1) Release flea power by removing the power chord and holding down the power button for 45 - 60 secs
2) Remove the CMOS battery and keep it aside for 45 secs and then put it back
3) Check without RAM, if you find beeps without the RAM then the MCH / Northbridge is proper
4) Remove all addon cards and check if it boots up, if it does start adding the cards one by one and rule out which causes an issue

@ryanrulez4ever I am in no hurry. My desktop does everything that I want it to do. Only problem is my parts are old and probably weakening (specifically the motherboard) and I cannot survive without a desktop. I will have to buy something whenever the old boy gives up :D

Back