CPU/Mobo Asus P5Q Pro

djmykey

Skilled
I have a Abit IP35-E board which I am not happy about (and prolly will sell of). Was looking at Asus boards; and came across Asus P5Q Pro.
Is this board good ? My machine's config is in my siggy.

Suggestions welcome... :)

Also see if you can get your hands on a MSI P45 Neo2-FR, It's a toned down version of MSI P45 Platinum.
It's a very solid board. easily does 550 FSB and has lots of nice features including 8 front facing sata ports, CF, dual heatpipe, etc and is relatively cheap aswell compared to Gigabyte/Asus.

Make sure its P45 Neo2, and not Neo or Neo3 which are crap. Neo2-FR retails for around 7k I think.

^looks okay, very wimpy and bland though.. its ok for staters but its sorta expensive for 5.3k
Don't expect any OC mircles from this board.

Amey said:
Go for Gigabyte P45 UD3P, slightly expensive but what a board !!

OMG sweet board !!! lemme read some more reviews... This board seems to be good on the first impressions.

Amey: Just in case I need help getting this board will ping ya.. :)

Oh come on you guys.. don't confuse me appo man !!!!
Anyway I read both the mobo reviews. Both mobo's are good. But as I said in my earlier post I'm done with VFM boards; so I will go with Amey's suggestion...

Now off to the shops in a day or two :ashamed:

Ok a noobish question... considering that I'm buying this board I wont face any issues with the PSU considering I have a vx450 and an MSI 8800 GT.

You can also get EP45-UD3R. It is the same as UD3P except that it doesn't have crossfire, everything else seems to be same, more or less.

djmykey said:
Ok a noobish question... considering that I'm buying this board I wont face any issues with the PSU considering I have a vx450 and an MSI 8800 GT.

no issues. i have a similar config and using P5Q and GTX 260 on a VX450. check my siggy. VX450 can even easily handle quad core proccy on your config.

Back