CPU/Mobo Asus P8Z68-V Pro--Not able to boot into bios options

surya_neo

Disciple
Hi Guys,

Just installed windows 7 ultimate x64 in my newly bought system and was trying to install drivers and other stuff downloaded from Asus site..during this I was trying to install Intel VGA card drivers and Lucid Virtu software but got some error..after googling came to know that since I am using my discrete graphics(GT 240) inorder to enable on-board graphics card I need to change graphics card to iGPU and enable multi monitor in advanced options in bios..I did that and changed the output to intel graphics card using DVI-Cable to my monitor..but after doing these changes during the start of my computer my monitor(Dell U2410) enters into power saving mode until "starting windows" appears..earlier I used to see Asus Logo and other boot options and could easily boot into bios options..now even I keep pressing the delete button computer never goes to bios options...it stays in stand by mode..no hdd activity but all my fans are spinning...now I want to change that iGPU to PCI-E/PCI(default) option in bios..but unable to do so as I am not able to boot into bios options..

I know many of our TE members have this mobo....so need to know if any of you faced this problem and if so..what is the solution..

p.s: my setup: i5 2500k with above board..

If you are using a USB keyboard, swap it for a PS/2 keyboard and try.

Else switch the output back to the GPU from the IGP and change the BIOS option for Quick Boot to disabled.

^^ dude there is no ps2 jack in p8z68-v pro:) attach your monitor to the inbuilt dvi-d output and not your 240. also try with disconnecting your 240 and booting

Dude also just put in the dvd provided with the asus mobo and let it install automatically.. no need to download

After enabling the onboard graphics(iGPU)..I connected my monitor to it and switched on the system...from then on I am facing this issue...also when display is set to iGPU and monitor is connected to it...my display starts flickering every couple of seconds...so changed the display output to my GPU..will try disconnecting the GPU..also will upgrading the bios version help?

surya_neo said:
After enabling the onboard graphics(iGPU)..I connected my monitor to it and switched on the system...from then on I am facing this issue...also when display is set to iGPU and monitor is connected to it...my display starts flickering every couple of seconds...so changed the display output to my GPU..will try disconnecting the GPU..also will upgrading the bios version help?

Unless the bios upgrade offers a solution for a particular issue, it does not make sense to upgrade the bios just for the sake of it. As mrcool suggested try to do a fresh install of drivers from the motherboard cd and see if that helps. Probably the new set of drivers is the source of the problem with regards to the flickering with on board video.

Back