Monitors Asus PA238Q vs Dell Ultra Sharp Unit vs Your Suggestion? 22k Budget

raman07

Disciple
My current preference is Asus PA238Q. After researching a lot i found this display is good for my use but this display released in 2011 and now its 2016 so i don't know if its lack of any new tech which is found in current display. My budget is 22k inr.

Asus PA238Q cost 22k on amazon india

My Requirements :
IPS Pannel
60hz+
>6ms response time
23''-24'' (1080p) or 27'' (1440p)
Brightness : =<250 cd/㎡
Matte Display

My main use of monitor is just regular use. I want best picture quality in my budget for watching movies and playing little bit of games and photo, video editing.

I see that there are dell ultra sharp monitors with similar price tag of asus pa238q.
Dell UltraSharp U2414H - 21k
Dell UltraSharp U2412M - 20k

Are these dell ultrasharp mointors better than asus pa238q?
Is there any other better option for cheaper price?

If there is any better option in my budget then please suggest me.

Thanks

I've been using the PA238Q since 2011, I had picked it up for 16k and it has served me really well. Really amazing IQ and viewing angles but some people had problems with extensive backlight bleeding right out of the box, I was lucky to not have that problem but I wouldn't recommend it for 22K now, surely there are better alternatives in your budget these days.

I avoided Dell because afaik they provide refurbished monitors as replacement if something goes wrong.

how did you bought it in just 16k? Even on that day this monitor is 17k on amazon uk and 15k something on amazon us i think. After import duty and other tax 22k seems fair to me but now after you said that you bought it on just 16k. I feel like i wasting my money.

Maybe it has something to do with the rupee depreciating in value over the years, not really sure but even my studio monitors that I had bought 3 years back for 15k now cost 21k in the market.

oh i see, thats why its 22k now. I am not feeling good buying this monitor for 22k (+1k delivery charge).

@psyph3r What do you think about Asus MX239H. I watched some video of it and its screen look dull to me. Kind of white grey. Have you ever compared it with your pa238q?

Last edited:
The U2412 is 1980 x 1200. Gives you a bit of extra space over a standard 1080p monitor. Both the Asus and U2414 are 1080p AFAIK
I've been using a U2412 for the last three years. Not had any issues. PQ is very good, had used a Spyder to calibrate it when I got it and the results were excellent. The extra room on screen was important to me so never considered the Asus at the time. The only major drawback is a lack of HDMI input. Wasn't relevant to me as I use the DVI port but still worth keeping in mind.

I am another user of the PA238Q. As psyph3r mentioned, some of the early units had issues with backlight bleeding and I unfortunately owned one of those. Thankfully, the bleed/glow was never that much and now, after almost 5 years of use, it's hardly noticeable. I got it for 16K as well and frankly, don't see the value in paying 22K for an imported unit which is also likely to not have official Asus warranty. Better go for the Dell alternatives. Can't say anything about other monitors from Asus but from their site, I see that they offer only one model in their P (Professional) series, the PB279Q which is way expensive.

Back when I bought it, the PA238Q, the U2412H and the U2312M all came with the same entry level e-IPS panels. The Asus won on account of superior build, features and factory calibration, which probably helped it give great PQ right out of the box.
If you still prefer to go with the Asus, I suggest going to an Asus distributor in your town and inquiring if it's possible to source the model. Since it's absent from the site, it's likely been discontinued but you can try your luck and you might get it at a lower price.

http://www.primeabgb.com/online-pri...ch-widescreen-monitor-with-built-in-speakers/
http://www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/dell-p2414h-24-inch-screen-led-lit-monitor/
http://www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/asus-pa238q-23-inch-led-monitor/
http://www.primeabgb.com/online-pri...ultrasharp-u2414h-24-inch-screen-led-monitor/

The Dell in the first link looks like a good option.

what do you think of dell u2415. Many people get it for 20k after some bargaining to dell online store. I am thinking to buy this over asus now.

U2412M User here. Decent panel. However this is an old model with USB2. Getting this one in 2016 is not a great idea. There was no issue with display in couple of years. I might sell this to get a 4K panel.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not know that u2415 is cheaper than u2414h :|

Should i buy u2415 over 2414h?
The main difference is 16:10 vs 16:9 ratio, not sure about picture quality.

No it wasnt few days back it was around 21000 only but now it is showing ~19400....the only problem is it will be available for only few days(4-5) then it will be out of stock.. Iam just hoping they will put u2415h qhd model so i can purchase

If u watch lots of video like youtube and movie definitely u2414h 16:9ratio will be good but if you are doing lots of productivity task like ms word, coding then u2415 willl be a better choice.. I hope yhis will help

Back