ASUS RT-N16 with UMG 1831 using MTNL Prepaid 3G

I am planning to buy ASUS RT-N16 and UMG 1831. Going through this thread i find that only in .94 version this combination is working.

Since i am buying a new Router if the firmware available in it is > .94 version can i downgrade it?

#Pradeep Rajaa, Yes you can I have personally flashed it till .108 and back, i.e .96, .102, .108, and then back to .94 since UMG 1831 is working only in .94. I also tried a Photon USB in .108 and that worked without any problems, ASUS forums are craps hence have not tried posting in there, since there are lot of fixes in .108 I wanted to upgrade to it but can't :-(

#tommy won't work since there's a underscore in there #[member='Pradeep Rajaa'], I bought the UMG 1831 without thinking, anything specific that you are looking for, with MTNL you won't be able to go above 2.3, I think it's capped, why waste precious money on 21, when the MAX you will be able to get till the next year is 7.2, save money and buy a Idea or come cheaper 7.2 one, just my two cents, yes it is the unlocked T-Mobile one, as soon as I received it I flashed it with Mobile Phone Portal from dc-files.com, did not like the T-Mobiler dialer, it for some reason also wanted to manage my Wireless connection :)

I have ordered the usb toggle. Will be buying the router on monday.. Will need your help configuring them. Thanks in advance.

I need to know the details of updating to Mobile Phone Portal from dc-files.com. Please provide inputs.

I got the delivery of both the items.. I am able to connect internet with both .94 version of the firmware. Can u suggest to me what firmware to update in UMG 1831. Also how to find the current version in the UMG 1831?

I got the delivery of both the items.. I am able to connect internet with both .94 version of the firmware. Can u suggest to me what firmware to update in UMG 1831. Also how to find the current version in the UMG 1831?

Did not get the highlighted part both .94? I'm using this firmware UTPS11.302.09.00.03_MAC11.301.10.00.03.zip, as a general rule, if it ain't broken don't fix it, you get more quicker response if you use #tommy_vercetti

#[member='tommy_vercetti'] Sorry typo. I am able to connect to the internet by using firmware 3.0.0.3.94 in asus. How to find the version in UMG 1831.

As of now the device is working but I think I have less signal strength. I have ordered external antenna for UMG 1831.

Attaching the screen shot of the speed test.. I am using airtel 3g.

Attachments

• screen1.jpg
    525.4 KB · Views: 156
#tommy_vercetti buddy... DDNS aint broken in dd-wrt. i am using it to fwd dy-ip to the goflexnet server hosted at home. it works like a breeze. i agree, installing optware looks like a tall task, it aint all that difficult. usb, 3g and vpn etc everything works well !!!

#[member='tommy_vercetti'] Sorry typo. I am able to connect to the internet by using firmware 3.0.0.3.94 in asus. How to find the version in UMG 1831.

As of now the device is working but I think I have less signal strength. I have ordered external antenna for UMG 1831.

Attaching the screen shot of the speed test.. I am using airtel 3g.

For the version you will have to install it on your machine and check from the Software provided with it, T-Mobile or Mobile Phone Portal, can you pass on the link to the UMG 1831, I live in a small room, after putting all this my room will look like a Radio station, lol!

#tommy_vercetti buddy... DDNS aint broken in dd-wrt. i am using it to fwd dy-ip to the goflexnet server hosted at home. it works like a breeze. i agree, installing optware looks like a tall task, it aint all that difficult. usb, 3g and vpn etc everything works well !!!

Thanks for the update, will give it a go sometime when I have some more time

Back