ASUS RT-N56U for home wireless network

pawannh

Disciple
Right now I have Netgear 834G which acts as ADSL modem as well as router and provides wireless connectivity. Since My house is big enough, it doesn't provide signal strength through out the house. I had put in ASUS RT-N13U acting as repeater to have good signal strength through out. If I use RT-N13U alone (along with ADSL modem), it is not good enough to provide access through out the house.
Due to netgear in this deployment, wireless bandwidth gets restricted to 54M. Now I needed higher wireless bandwidth (300+) for HD video streaming and was considering consolidating multiple devices, I think ASUS RT-N56U will fit in.
Experts can chime in if they think otherwise.
Any input on where do I get it from and at what price (7K is my budget). Its not available in nagpur, so was looking for online option.

You can use your netgear router just as modem for adsl.disable wifi part so you can get pure wifi n if you have no other wifi g devices.

N56 has dual band implementation so it wont be of much help as I doubt you have multiple access points in vicinity.

I would suggest you chek smallnetbuilder site.

For current issue.put up one wifi access point in center of each floor.

You can put one more (multiple )at least 3 external antena access point

Stay away from n56 as it is just dual band version of n16.

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX™ 4G on AT& T

Back