Graphic Cards Asus Vs. Sapphire Graphic Cards - Which one is better?

I have rmaed my 6850 once,aditya infotech is very good with their services,everything went smoothly and i got the new card within a week.
ggt said:
Aditya infotech :i have heard praises all along with their service.

Did not had the experience of RMA since the card did not have any problems.

There were certain instances on TE which i have read earlier which i remember.

There was a sapphire gpu which was a direct import from the US of A which was DOA which they honored .

This speaks volumes about of their quality.

chiragsthakur said:
The point here is really simple which I think you fail to understand my dear Friend... The point is not about the quality of ASUS graphics cards, its their A.S.S which is not good in India... Hope you get what we are trying to say here...

Chirag- everyone has a right to voice their opinion and that's why i didn't question you or any of the others but Alpha17, who is quite an active poster in the hardware section, unlike me.

We should first answer what has been asked and then may add anything that we feel is necessary- something that quite a few others, like viralbug and you, did.

Kindly check the following as to why i questioned to Alpha17 and you will see that my point is very simple and i have not failed to understand. I wasn't looking for answers anyways. :p

BikeAdvice said:
I see that many Asus and Sapphire graphic cards are closely priced. Which one is better in terms of quality?

Please take note of the question asked.

ALPHA17 said:
Sapphire is exclusive manufacturer of AMD chips based graphics card, while ASUS has its feet in both the camps [AMD as well nVidia].

Now depending on which card you want [AMD OR nVidia], shortlist the company. Be warned ASUS has a pathetic after sales record here in India, so if you want to buy a nVidia card, go for companies like -- ZOTAC.

Please find any single word or line that is relevant to the question asked by the OP.

Alpha17- no hard feelings sir. I know you were just trying to help.

But we need to be careful with our suggestions- we can pour any colouress liquid readily available at hand to douse a fire. what if it's inflammable and then we say i was just trying to help. :p

P.S. there's much more that can be said on this topic, be it quality or ASS, but i have never found it appropriate to discuss anyones shortcomings in public. Such topics are better left alone to personal/private interations and hopefully kept there. Those who speak of history might not be aware that many might have had a bad or horrific past. What is important is what they are doing now.

Wasn't very cool but things like this do happen too-

http://www.techenclave.com/show-off/rmad-asus-5870-1gb-got-asus-196866.html#post1891038

[Solved] Rashi RMA Service Raipur - Page 2 - Digit Technology Discussion Forum

pegasus said:
P.S. there's much more that can be said on this topic, be it quality or ASS, but i have never found it appropriate to discuss anyones shortcomings in public. Such topics are better left alone to personal/private interations and hopefully kept there. Those who speak of history might not be aware that many might have had a bad or horrific past. What is important is what they are doing now.
Wasn't very cool but things like this do happen too-
http://www.techenclave.com/show-off/rmad-asus-5870-1gb-got-asus-196866.html#post1891038
[Solved] Rashi RMA Service Raipur - Page 2 - Digit Technology Discussion Forum

BikeAdvice said:
I see that many Asus and Sapphire graphic cards are closely priced. Which one is better in terms of quality?

Here was OP's original query, I did not phrase myself very well on the topic. I mentioned the basic A.S.S. story, due to the following reasons,

1) There are three companies in India which sell AMD chipset cards and are widely available -- ASUS / Sapphire / MSi.
2) Now out of the three, ASUS and Sapphire cards have very good build quality, MSi is a tier two manufacturer and suffers some drawbacks due to this [manufacturing defects -- glaring].
3) now returning to OP's question, he wanted to know which of these companies is better, I'll stack them this a way --> Sapphire > MSi > ASUS [primarily because even if miracles happen there are a 100 failed OR harrowing RMA experiences for every one of those miracles, especially in ASUS's case].
4) Sapphire makes only AMD cards[it is a premium retail partner], while MSi and ASUS are in both camps [nVidia + AMD].

I'm just saying it is better to be able to replace ten faulty pieces with little OR no effort, than having one good piece fail and then spending months chasing after it.
Helpful links --

The Rashi RMA experience thread - Digit Technology Discussion Forum / http://www.techenclave.com/graphic-cards/xfx-rma-in-mumbai-rashi-experience-200146.html / http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/rashi-rma-at-last-possible-solution-122764.html.

I've yet to see similar threads cropping up about companies like Gigabyte / MSi. In fact I'll show you a thread I created myself -- http://www.techenclave.com/graphic-cards/my-card-getting-fried-plz-help-166368.html.

I'm just saying that information may OR may-not help, but it isn't irrelevant.

MSi is a tier two manufacturer and suffers some drawbacks due to this [manufacturing defects -- glaring].

Really, why do you say so? MSI's twin Frozer designs are said to be one of the best.

4) Sapphire makes only AMD cards[it is a premium retail partner], while MSi and ASUS are in both camps [nVidia + AMD].

Why would making AMD and Nvidia cards be a bad thing? Infact the way you look at it, the guys manufacturing for the both the camps have more experience? In either case it should not matter in your decision to purchase a hardware.

You are correct in inferring that buying hardware from a company known to have issues with ASS is not wise. But I think the point Pegasus is making how bad is Asus ASS in recent times? If I am not mistaken, you were present for the Asus power user meet, where they clearly conveyed that they were aware of the ASS issue, and were working actively with RASHI to sort it out. Have you come across any bad experiences in recent times?

In not so recent past, Asus was clearly the best and market was paying a premium for them. In recent times Asus has reduced their prices to match competitors while maintaining quality at their mid-high end products. Moreso Asus is actively involving the enthusiast community in India to improve their presence. I would not write-off the company so quickly.

Aces170 said:
Really, why do you say so? MSI's twin Frozer designs are said to be one of the best.
Why would making AMD and Nvidia cards be a bad thing? Infact the way you look at it, the guys manufacturing for the both the camps have more experience? In either case it should not matter in your decision to purchase a hardware.

You are correct in inferring that buying hardware from a company known to have issues with ASS is not wise. But I think the point Pegasus is making how bad is Asus ASS in recent times? If I am not mistaken, you were present for the Asus power user meet, where they clearly conveyed that they were aware of the ASS issue, and were working actively with RASHI to sort it out. Have you come across any bad experiences in recent times?

In not so recent past, Asus was clearly the best and market was paying a premium for them. In recent times Asus has reduced their prices to match competitors while maintaining quality at their mid-high end products. Moreso Asus is actively involving the enthusiast community in India to improve their presence. I would not write-off the company so quickly.

I have a MSi HD 5770 HAWK, I had bought a standard MSi HD 5770 [manufacturing defect, there was no contact between GPU core and heatsink], the product was replaced in 2 weeks without any issues.

I'm not writing of the company Sire, just a word of caution.

As soon as I get decent traction on RASHI I'll stop cautioning people, I've had people give their faulty Logitech MX 518 to them and their [RASHI personal] found no credible issue [apart from the fact that the sensor keeps switching off, which was the problem for which the product was given for reference].

Hope this makes my stand clearer still on the situation. Cheers!! :beer: Peace.

Back