Audio Asus Xonar DX + Logitech x540

Anubis said:
Budget - 10k

How will Asus Xonar DX + Logitech x540 fare ?

Awesome

My ideal setup if I had no neighbors! Cant put these speakers to good use else would have bought this combo long back.

Dx 4.3k + X 540 5k

With vat incl

i think rockfella meant Z5300 + Xonar Dx.....

X540 + Xonar DX is the way to go....
Demo both of them.......and Z5300 is a bit hard to find not to mention expensive.

Any time a dedicated source improves output quality by a good margin.

Gowt1ham said:

Demo both of them.......and Z5300 is a bit hard to find not to mention expensive.

But i won't have budget of more than 10k :( . I can't afford a penny more

I have to save money when i7 860 drops price to 10k and ATI 5850 , ATI 5870 drops to 12k

I have already done too many upgrades this month . Look in my siggy

Logitech x540 with xonar DX will definitely have advantage over Z5300.
my z5300 sounds not so good with onbord sound but rocks with xtreme music.:bleh:

Was not aware ...

Gowt1ham said:

Anubis said:
Are u sure about that ?

Won't the combo be better ?

I am a noob in audio section

Please bear with me guys

Go for ASUS Xonar okay

Get Altec Lansing FX5012 5.1

If u are buying a sound card, then at least get a GOOD 5.1 setup to do justice to the card and to your ears.

The "source" should also be good..

comp@ddict said:
Go for ASUS Xonar okay

Get Altec Lansing FX5012 5.1

If u are buying a sound card, then at least get a GOOD 5.1 setup to do justice to the card and to your ears.

If I were you I would seriously consider the FX 5021 although I haven't heard it but because Altec's aren't bad or an entry level Philips/Sony 5.1 HT for 10-15k.

But you can get much better music from bookshelves from A2Bs or even a Bose 2.0. :p

Altec Lansing FX5051 is good , except for its bass. People who like heavy bass will be disappointed with this one. Other than that it can be used for a PC setup. But it wil cost 8K .So for your budget better go with x-540.

Back