Asus Zen series Launched. (Zen 5 to compete with Moto G)

I am sure it can give you better backup if you install battery doctor app from play store, I think asus built in app also has power saving mode too have you set that?

I have set the built in power saving app to optimized, but it is still not that effective, I guess it is only good for dimming the display based on the usage.
my biggest need is to have sufficient battery to get me through the traffic jams on the way home.. So will have to recharge for a while before leaving office.

FlipKart can't even deliver a 6K phone to my address. Saying amount too much for their courier partner to handle.
Bunch of retards.

Same happened with me too WSRETAIL seems to be too limited only shipping in major cities.
It wont ship to noida an industrial hub & densely populated but will ship to new delhi so I have to give some of my friends address for shipping.

I ordered the phone (zenfone 5 , 8GB , 2GB RAM) via flipkart and got it yesterday itself.
So far the phone is smooth and the display is pretty good.
sound quality is good, build feels premium (considering the 10K price)
need to see how it holds up to regular heavy usage.

Hey would you be able to compare the screen with a galaxy S3. I am looking to buy this phone since I need a dual sim phone. The only thing I am worried is the screen, since I am used to the S3 screen.

Hey would you be able to compare the screen with a galaxy S3. I am looking to buy this phone since I need a dual sim phone. The only thing I am worried is the screen, since I am used to the S3 screen.
Screen quality was one of the issues of ASUS . Galaxy S3 has a Super Amoled Screen , Quality wise far better than any of LCD screens .

Screen Quality and processor are two things which are stopping me from taking this phone :(

Screen quality was one of the issues of ASUS . Galaxy S3 has a Super Amoled Screen , Quality wise far better than any of LCD screens .

Screen Quality and processor are two things which are stopping me from taking this phone :(

For you if you dont need dual sim you can go for Mi3.

Sorry.. cannot compare the screens as I dont know anyone here with a S3.
I am happy with the screen quality, outdoors visibility is average, indoors its pretty bright and color reproduction is decent, what more can you expect at this budget.
My primary requirements of watching movies \ series on the the long ride home is met.

Its definitely VFM., And ASUS has good brand recall in India.

@Parix
Can you test the video shooting some action shot like basketball, jumping, skipping, tennis, boxing etc.
with 720p @60FPS setting does it give you slow motion effect with smooth play or does it jerk? If possible post a video on youtube & link here.

Please post a full review if possible. Am still comparing this to Xiomi 3, the dual SIM and the UI make this more attractive though the rest of the specs on Xiomi mi3 outweighs everything on Zenfone 5 in my book

Please post a full review if possible. Am still comparing this to Xiomi 3, the dual SIM and the UI make this more attractive though the rest of the specs on Xiomi mi3 outweighs everything on Zenfone 5 in my book

I too am in the same dilemma here. The MI3 is an incredible device but 2 things are going against it for me.

1 ) MI3 is not a dual sim phone
2) MIUI is somewhat an iOS clone (IMO) it does not even have an app drawer, everything will be on the homescreens just like iOS. And after seeing some reviews especially the one someone posted above (some guy called ash reviewed it on youtube) MIUI doesnt even feel like android.

^^You will be able to install any launcher of your choice to change the look.

My only problem is the very limited storage, deal breaker for me. :(

Will either wait xiaomi note or will buy a zenfone 4 (4.5 inch variant).

Damn this is getting murkier by the minute. I was researching the phones a bit Zenfone 5 has a 2110 mAh batter while MI3 has 3050 mAh. But MI3 has no expandable memory. :( I feel like completely dropping the idea and waiting and getting one of the flagship phones.

^ Did you bothered to notice that the batteries are of different nature?
Or how did these batteries performed in a loop test?
Any reviews you consulted?

Damn this is getting murkier by the minute. I was researching the phones a bit Zenfone 5 has a 2110 mAh batter while MI3 has 3050 mAh. But MI3 has no expandable memory. :( I feel like completely dropping the idea and waiting and getting one of the flagship phones.
MI3 has usb otg so u can plug in any pendrive on to it whereas zenfone you cant.

^ Did you bothered to notice that the batteries are of different nature?
Or how did these batteries performed in a loop test?
Any reviews you consulted?

This is new, any pointers to this.

MI3 has usb otg so u can plug in any pendrive on to it whereas zenfone you cant.

Indeed but IRL usually you cant carry around pen drives, especially at work places. So having an sd card would have surely been an advantage.

Back