Asus Zenfone 9 officially launched, starting at €799 (~₹64k for the base 8/128GB)

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
It will be released in Europe, Hong Kong and Taiwan first. Then NA, SA, Japan and Indonesia. No mention of India (as expected).

Price starts at €799 ~₹64,400 for the base 8/128GB model. Hopes and dreams roasted and toasted! T_T

Screenshot_20220728-221610_Twitter~2.jpg

Screenshot_20220728-222533_Twitter~2.jpg

WTF are those two big circular bumps at the back.
At least they stopped with 2 cameras instead of playing number games. Also less hideous looking than ,say, vivo, oneplus. Those phones have bigger camera islands than whole us. Asus also managed to cram a 3.5mm jack in a 5.9 inch flagship, and Apple, Samsung and other brands will still hold up their bs for not including one in their 6.9 in phones. Lol.

I think that I now understand their reluctancy to release the phone in India.
1. Apple. Apple has the top branding everywhere including India. They don't think they can compete with Apple models in that price range. Doesn't matter how good their phone is. Basically a psychological game which they don't think they will win. Give someone the choice between iPhone and Android. They will pick the iPhone.

2. The high cost. €799 for the base model of 8/128 is no joke. ₹64.4k for a 8/128 phone which is not iPhone... my gosh! Indians are all after "VFM." Hence cheap Chinese brands are thriving. There's Apple for the high end but again it works because it's Apple. Even if they wanted to lower the price and release in India they couldn't because it will affect their plans for other regions. Richer regions will be willing to shell out €799. Just not Indians. They just don't want the hassle I guess.

3. They may never release this phone in India. Even if they do they will follow their Zenfone 8 release tactic and will delay the release for a year and dump the remaining stocks in India.

4. I think the high cost is because of the SoC and flagship camera. The camera seems exceptional. I do know that the video stabilization is fire! 4k 60fps with stabilization is very very nice.

I wish they had given the accessories for free. There's no word on the 8/256 and 16/256 models so maybe they will give the accessories with these models for some VFM.

Anyway this Asus Zenfone 9 is definitely my dream phone now. I like this phone but only the unreleased 8/256 model.

If there was a model with a higher end SD 700 SoC and for 40k I'm sold!
WTF are those two big circular bumps at the back.
What? You want them to put 5 cameras out of which 3 of them are utterly useless 2mp or 5mp crap lol.

At least they stopped with 2 cameras instead of playing number games. Also less hideous looking than ,say, vivo, oneplus. Those phones have bigger camera islands than whole us. Asus also managed to cram a 3.5mm jack in a 5.9 inch flagship, and Apple, Samsung and other brands will still hold up their bs for not including one in their 6.9 in phones. Lol.
What? You want them to put 5 cameras out of which 3 of them are utterly useless 2mp or 5mp crap lol.
My post wasn't against the number of camera modules but their size.The main sensor seems to have a bulge but the ultra wide doesn't.They look as hideous as the smartphones with 4 or 5 camera modules.

I was really excited about last Asus Zenfone. That basically never launched in India. I've actually been interested in their phones since 6Z but their phones either don't launch or launch so late that it's useless by then.

Now I've moved to thin and light phones. Using Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite NE 5G (wtf is that name!). Once you get used to 155 gram phones, I guess it would be super hard to go for anything heavier post that. Maybe a minority, but I hope there's a battle for lightest phone and we end up getting more options. Switching to a <160 gram phone is the best improvement in a phone I've had.

My post wasn't against the number of camera modules but their size.The main sensor seems to have a bulge but the ultra wide doesn't.They look as hideous as the smartphones with 4 or 5 camera modules.
I thought it's just a marketing trend like the notch. Bigger camera size=better. Unless of course someone with a technical expertise can explain it. The multi-cam thing one is useless though.
Using Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite NE 5G (wtf is that name!).
A "New Edition" of the Mi 11 Lite version and with 5G. A smaller model of the "standard" Mi 11 and I assume the old edition had no 5G.

Back