asuscomm ddns not working in WAN

dOm1naTOr

Skilled
I have an Asus N13U B1 router with latest 2.0.2.0 firmware. Have registered for the asus' proprietary ddns service, ir asuscomm.com and it works fine on my local LAN. But it's not working on WAN, ie for eg while accessing the same from my mobile internet (airtel). DMZ and Virtual servers are kept disabled.

Isn't it supposed to work from outside locations/WAN ?

Also Tried hosting an http and ftp site on my local machine and setting virtual server on the router and accessing the ddns fqdn from LAN is pointing to the local webpage/ftp page without any problem but that aint working in WAN as well.

Has anyome tried the Asus' native ddns service? Please shed some light as im getting completely mad after hours of trying. I registered for a domain name and was trying to point it to my ddns fqdn and was always getting 'unreachable' error and finally checked if its reachable via phone and there it goes. :(

On stock firmware it support only that one free ddns service and others are all trial. Will flash it to dd-wrt if necessary and if any free ddns service works on dd-wrt.

I also have one another router Belkin Playmax N600 DD-WRT flashed (awaiting the power adapter from ebay.in order). It supports custom ddns provider. Is there any free and good ddns providers which i can use on that ?

Also will ftp work on ddns fqdn ? Want to link my new domain name to the ddns fqdn if it ever works.

i had the same problem around 1week back when i was setting it for my homepc. i had setup the asuscomm dns around 2yrs back but couldnt get what was wrong with it

i googled a lot but could find anyone complaining specifically on Asus DDNS service.

Also doing a trace route on the dydns fqdn via HQ42 TOOLS successfully resolves my WAN IP, through my ISP's gateway. So the Asus DDNS is working for some data channels in the world.

So has anyone been using some other dydns/ddns service. please share some info.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

i googled a lot but could find anyone complaining specifically on Asus DDNS service.
Also doing a trace route on the dydns fqdn via HQ42 TOOLS successfully resolves my WAN IP, through my ISP's gateway. So the Asus DDNS is working for some data channels in the world.

So has anyone been using some other dydns/ddns service. please share some info.

Having flashed my router with DD WRT previously, had gotten ddns with dyndns working for WOL support. Other than that, i did not use ddns at all, since really did not have much time to look at it. Also the ddns in the stock firmware seems to be broken, as i could not get it enabled at all, it kept going back to select.

Good, atleast it will work after flashing to DD WT. But then why is Asus making a big hype on the 'no use' DDNS service called asuscomm ?

And any idea why i get traceroute results via HQ42 tools but not via any other local ISP's connection ?

Back