At last: The HP TouchPad!

After nearly a week of deal hunting, abusing the F5 key and straining my sleepless eyes, I at last have procession of the HP TouchPad. I must say, the chase was as satisfying as the product itself. :)
[attachment=9292:15948.attach]

Bought it from BestBuy for 99$, after tax and shipping it came to 118$. S&S took 1725 rupees for shipping and cleared it customs free :) . So total damages - 5600 +1725 = 7325 Rupees.

Not bad for a dual core, 1.5 Ghz, 1 GB RAM, 16 GB storage, IPS screen, Gorrila glass, soon to be Android tablet eh? ;)

Attachments

• DSC02298.jpg
    DSC02298.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 253
  • DSC02297.jpg
    DSC02297.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 241
  • DSC02291.jpg
    DSC02291.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 217
  • DSC02290.jpg
    DSC02290.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 176
  • DSC02287.jpg
    DSC02287.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 170
  • DSC02285.jpg
    DSC02285.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 181
Congrats, looks great!!!

Also, S&S charged you for the customs as well otherwise shipping something like this wouldn't cost more than $18.

techpal said:
Congratas :) ,processor is 1.2GHz dual core not 1.5GHz dual core.

Mate, its actually a 1.5 GHz proccy which was underclocked to 1.2 GHz by HP. All you have to do is being it back to its native 1.5 GHz using preware. :)
Fahrenheit said:
Congrats, looks great!!!
Also, S&S charged you for the customs as well otherwise shipping something like this wouldn't cost more than $18.

Actually Fahrenheit, the package weight was 1.72 Kg which is 34$. Add 10.3% service tax to that and you have 1725 exactly. And if they do charge for customs, they give the customs bill along with the package (previous experience) and this time they gave me nothing.
And guys, thank you so much. And Keep looking, HP's supposedly manufacturing another million of these in a few weeks, so I hope all you guys can get this too. :)

Whats S&S?
JT_daniel said:
After nearly a week of deal hunting, abusing the F5 key and straining my sleepless eyes, I at last have procession of the HP TouchPad. I must say, the chase was as satisfying as the product itself. :)

View attachment 17067View attachment 17066View attachment 17065View attachment 17064View attachment 17063View attachment 17062

Bought it from BestBuy for 99$, after tax and shipping it came to 118$. S&S took 1725 rupees for shipping and cleared it customs free :) . So total damages - 5600 +1725 = 7325 Rupees.

Not bad for a dual core, 1.5 Ghz, 1 GB RAM, 16 GB storage, IPS screen, Gorrila glass, soon to be Android tablet eh? ;)

I am not so sure about duty free part. Shop n ship people usually comeback for duty charges after about 3-4 days (sometimes even a week). It will be better if you confirm first. :)

arjun123 said:
I am not so sure about duty free part. Shop n ship people usually comeback for duty charges after about 3-4 days (sometimes even a week). It will be better if you confirm first. :)

Good point, very good point mate. But never mind either way. The Duty they levied on the TP's according to Karan was 800 rupees (Source: Kuduku) so even if they do collect the money, I won't be too chuffed. I'm way too pleased with the tablet to worry now.

EDIT: Just confirmed with them. No custom duty. :p

Congrats for an amazing deal!!!

Btw can anyone pinpoint the reason why hp is calling quits for such a SUPERHIT product :chair:

Why not tieup with google and officially launch android :cheers:

coz i heard they gona make another million and thats it so clearly they can afford the cost

at this price if they continue ipad would hav to RUN for its money :crutch:

It's in demand because of it's real low cost, but HP is not making any profits.

Now tell me if a company can sustain without profits?

If they can sell a considerable number at this cost, develop a user base for Web os then attract developers towards Web OS and continue to maintain this demand for touchpad at normal price point, then they have a chance at am iPad killer

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Back