CPU/Mobo Athlon 64 X2 (AM2) Vs Opteron Dual Core Vs Intel Core 2 Duo for Gaming

^^ Honestly speaking.

Theres no reason to wait.

Its going to be just like a BIOS update and Slap on the Quad Core.
Intel would be stupid to release yet another chipset for the Quad cores.

vandal said:
I think that's a problem don't you?? The cards like coming out before the final DX 10 and its native OS vista is released.. duh..:p
The direct X 10 cards could make a december debut, more likely seems Jan next year...
As the thread said, yeah the C2D aka conroe seems to whoop a##, now if only the 2.4 gig version comes cheap, and those bloomin 975X boards would price slash ;)

Remember the 9700, came out i think 6 months before DX9 was released. Im pretty sure we will see a DX10 card released in 2006. Sure there wont be DX 10 at that time but it will perform better in DX9 than current cards anyway. Remember ATI and Nvidia have been working on DX10 cards in anticipation of Vista Launching in 2H 2006. Vista being delayed just gives them a bit more time to work on the cards but i think they'll still release them in 2006 anyway.

btw i had come across this but forgot to post it A New GPU Coming.. - Beyond3D Forum
dosent seem true to me.

shado_chazzer_killer said:
Atleast i will be benifited in a great way. As the current gen Yonah chips can be swapped to a new Merom chip. wooooo

[Edit] LOL Rahul u really seem a dieheart Intel Fanboy. :p

NO SCK i'm an AMD fanboy:p :p ...well ok a performance fanboy...i've got AMD in my computer right now and my next purchase...which will probably be in June will be AMD:hap2:

As for the DX10 cards something came to my mind...that something is called the release to retailers of the 7950GX2.....What i wanna know is why why why would nVidia release a GPU next month(No one's sure its gonna be released then just speculation:huh: ) and then release a better GPU after that(i doubt that a 7900...underclocked in SLI would be giving more performance then the next gen GPU's:eek:hyeah: )....:huh:

One more thing is that VISTA will be released in stages...the consumer release will be sometime later then the OEM release.....so i doubt that nVidia OR ATI will want to wait THAT long.....

I would also go for AM2 over Conroe. Not just becoz i m a AMD fan, but If they come up with something soon, that will surely be made on AM2 platform. BTW In almost every benchies i saw, Conroe only shined where CPU plays better role then GPU, games like Farcry. I hardly saw any diff between a FX62 n E6700 in GPU hungry games like Quake4 n Splinter Cell-CT

Here is a benchmark....

http://www.madshrimps.be/forums/attachment.php?postid=126862

Conroe = Specially for HL2, so CSS players, go for Conroe :eek:hyeah:

Also, SCK, your seeing a FX-62 @ 2.8 Ghz, vs. the Conroe @ 2.67 Ghz, which is 1000$ and 530$ respectively.

So your gonna buy a 1000$ CPU to keep up with the Conroe's game performance eh? :lol:

hunt3r said:
Remember the 9700, came out i think 6 months before DX9 was released. Im pretty sure we will see a DX10 card released in 2006. Sure there wont be DX 10 at that time but it will perform better in DX9 than current cards anyway. Remember ATI and Nvidia have been working on DX10 cards in anticipation of Vista Launching in 2H 2006. Vista being delayed just gives them a bit more time to work on the cards but i think they'll still release them in 2006 anyway.

btw i had come across this but forgot to post it A New GPU Coming.. - Beyond3D Forum

dosent seem true to me.

yeah... but I did say december 2006... that's this year right :p

Aditya said:
Conroe = Specially for HL2, so CSS players, go for Conroe :eek:hyeah:

Also, SCK, your seeing a FX-62 @ 2.8 Ghz, vs. the Conroe @ 2.67 Ghz, which is 1000$ and 530$ respectively.
So your gonna buy a 1000$ CPU to keep up with the Conroe's game performance eh? :lol:
How about a Opty 165 @ 2.7.

vandal said:
The direct X 10 cards could make a december debut, more likely seems Jan next year...

This is what you said vandy, not just december ;)

@SCK if you say that then what if i say, how about a E6600(2.4 Ghz) $316 @ 3.2 Ghz or higher. You cant compare a non overclocked CPU to an overclocked one mate ;)

Hmmm

Well i have really execpted that Conroe will be faster then AMD at similar clock speeds. But i m a AMD fanboy n its hard for me to believe this, Atleast it will take some time. :( :(

^^ Believe it :eek:hyeah:..

AMD wont even be able to fight back with their 65nm chips, unless they change the Marchitecture...

About FX-62 vs. Conroe e6700, I was talking about stock speeds :).

You 4get, the Conroe can reach 3.5G on Air :bleh:.. Itll leave anything in the dust. and yea, FX-62 is 3 Ghz :p. not 2.8 :p.

Back