CPU/Mobo Athlon II X4 630 or Phenom II X2 555 BE

if you are willing to take chance and tackle the complications of unlocking such as high temps, stability testing and all then go for 555be, if it unlocks it the best deal!! (if you ask me i love all these complications:eek:hyeah:)

but if you don't want to take chance and don't want to spend lot of time on testing or other xyz problems that might occur after unlocking, than go for athlon 630.

you may check my recent thread about temps of my 555be,
it might help you in your decision!!:)

Thanks for your replies folks. :)

Two more questions...

1. Has Biostar TA785G3HD motherboard sufficient features to unlock 555BE?

2. Is performance of Athlon II X4 630 comparable to unlocked 555BE?

Thanks for your reply guys.

Two more question...

1. How good is performance of Athlon II X4 630 over unlocked/overclocked X2 555BE?

2. Does Biostar mobo TA785G3 HD has sufficient BIOS features to unlock X2 555BE?

Thanks again :)

excalibur said:
Thanks for your replies folks. :)

Two more questions...

1. Has Biostar TA785G3HD motherboard sufficient features to unlock 555BE?

2. Is performance of Athlon II X4 630 comparable to unlocked 555BE?

1. don't know about the biostar mobo. you can check on their website, it will give you all info you want just punch in the modle no in product search field,

2. unlocked 555be performs close to phenom II 965be, athlon 630 cannot compete with unlocked 555:p

Hi,

U shld go 4 555BE, b'coz if r nt able 2 unlock then also it performs better dan 630.....It has 1MB of L2,6MB of L3 cache..In 630, I think der is no L3 cache...so go 4 555BE.

N unlocking 555BE is not very big task. I recently bought 555BE with Gigabyte 785GMT-USB3 and unlocked it without any effort.

^^Yeah, worst case scenario u'd end up with 3 cores guranteed.......

but if u don't want to take 1% chance, then grab the Athlon II X4 635 2.9GHz @ 5.4k

comp@ddict said:
^^Yeah, worst case scenario u'd end up with 3 cores guranteed.......

but if u don't want to take 1% chance, then grab the Athlon II X4 635 2.9GHz @ 5.4k
I bought 555BE @price of 5200/-...I think 630 also comes with same price!!

Go for 555BE esp 1004BPMW it has higher chances of unlocking. Avoid 1007 if possible as some say it has lesser chance of unlocking but it is best at over-clocking.
I recently bought 555BE 1004BPMW with Asus M4785TD-EVO and it unlocked without even a Vcore boost. I checked with prime for stability for 4 hours. And disable coolnquiet its a big problem.
I found Asus EPU software much better at throttling th CPU clock based on load. ( It is 800MHz at no load :eek:hyeah:) and the temps are No load 32 from AMD status tool (40 on asus probe) for 2 core and 42 on asus probe when unlocked. With full load and unlocked 52. You should invest in an after market cooler to be safer, go with CM or arctic cheaper models if cost is issue.

i dont know whats the deal about batch number i have 1003 and it unlocked easily!!

Oh man i feel like buying another one in advance for my second rig(going to build it in next three months)!!!

Back