Graphic Cards Ati 1900xtx

Yea, I know about FEAR Performance test results, but that just gives you a hint about your system capability.

I am referring to as sudden 'stuttering' which spoils the gameplay. Constant 65FPS in FEAR with MAX details on THAT hardware of yours is NOT attainable.

Anyway, I should be more concerned about giving advice to Viperbooze who's currently having some issues. So Viperbooze, as I said above before, first you should upgrade to better CPU, and then more RAM. And, after that if you're happy with the performance then enjoy the game. But I highly doubt it yet if you could able to play it on MAX details (includes 6xAA) on 1440x900 resolution. X1900CF would make it happen for you.

hmm...1440x900 resolution physics to medium 2x AA 8xAF SS disabled shadows to med HDR off will do just fine I guess...

vij said:
hmm...1440x900 resolution physics to medium 2x AA 8xAF SS disabled shadows to med HDR off will do just fine I guess...

I highly doubt it if he can still play game on those settings with that rig.

I am referring to as sudden 'stuttering' which spoils the gameplay. Constant 65FPS in FEAR with MAX details on THAT hardware of yours is NOT attainable.

How ru being so confident ?? Maybe u can come over to my house and see things for urself ....

Infact take a look at this :

Just benched with v1.07 patch applied , and from FEAR Extraction Point ... settings are the same , 1280*960 , 4x aa (with transparency multisampling) , 16x af , maxed settings ...

deathvirus_me said:
How ru being so confident ?? Maybe u can come over to my house and see things for urself ....

Infact take a look at this :

Just benched with v1.07 patch applied , and from FEAR Extraction Point ... settings are the same , 1280*960 , 4x aa (with transparency multisampling) , 16x af , maxed settings ...

Look now you're starting to make a mockery of Viperbooze's thread. I already made a point FEAR Performance test benchmark just gives you a hint, it does NOT represent much more than that. Yea, I get Average: 70 FPS in FEAR performance test, big deal? But yet I've to tweak settings, for optimum gameplay. If you've balls then run it with 6xAA (and Supersampled pixel samples) everything MAX, no 'custom' bullsh!t.

LOL, and never actually use that so called Transparency 'Multisampling' Antialiasing, it makes it all blurry crap.:rofl:

Radeon I dont think this thread is gng much OT...

The point here is still whether or not 1900XTX can run FEAR well at high settings. Lot of us think it can and you dont...

And why r u so obsessed with 6xAA....

Not obsessed with 6xAA, I am telling what does MAX really means. Eitheway, I don't think there's a way to enable 6x AA in game itself, so I am not sure if it makes much difference anyway if you enable it in Control Panel.

But the thing I am talking about is, that to run FEAR VERY (65+ FPS Constant) well (that's I've been saying from 1st page), dude needs very fast GPU setup. I did mentioned above, that he should upgrade his CPU/RAM first. But few guys are trying to be smart ass here :p

X1900XTX is a good card, and you can play FEAR very well on it, but you may have to compromise with few settings as well, especially on Viperbooze's rig. Unless you've E6600@4.0Ghz :)

If you've balls then run it with 6xAA (and Supersampled pixel samples) everything MAX, no 'custom' bullsh!t.

LOL, and never actually use that so called Transparency 'Multisampling' Antialiasing, it makes it all blurry crap

Well ... now i know how good ur knowledge databse is ... coz i really don't ifnd any reason for u to ask a nvidia user to use 6x aa ...

Also .. Transparency AA is quite a big deal , and can cause some serious improvements in IQ with very minor performance hits ... it doesn't blur anything .. Gamma Correct AA does that ..

Also .. about the X1900XTX being able to run FEAR at max settings or not ..

Hi guyz, I bought an Ati graphic card, and played fear extraction point, however when i put my settings to high it gets laggy.

PC Specs:

Intel Dual Core 3.0

MB MSI 975x Platinum

1gig ram kingston twin

250gig HDD 7500rpm

resolution set to 1400x900

Do i need to upgrade any of my current hardware to have a nice graphice and what do u recommend i change it to.

Thanx

anything higher that that i get a 2 second matrix moment when turning.

That rig is good enough to run FEAR .. but the higher settings is more mem. hungry , and these symptoms are generally of shortage of RAM (aka PF access) ...

X1900XTX is a good card, and you can play FEAR very well on it, but you may have to compromise with few settings as well, especially on Viperbooze's rig. Unless you've E6600@4.0Ghz

Such comments really remind me of some old members ,, ak..... ... hmmmm ...

And besides, I never trusted you, that you play FEAR well on that system. LOL, have you ever looked at your CPU?

??? poor CPU ?? Core2 Duo's may be the better one's right now ?? but how can u say that my current CPU is bad ??

Blah, I am out of this thread, do something about your piss poor ego buddy. Core 2 Duo is undoubtedly better CPUs around. But don't you think there are AMD X2's / Opteron's which are better than your CPU, are out there?

I am saying again, I do own very good hardware. So, I know what kind of performance are YOU getting from YOUR hardware in FEAR. I could actually trust Chaos, since because he has his CPU nicely overclocked, yet he's not loud as you're. Sheezh!

Radeon said:
Udit, I am happy for you that you're playing FEAR very well on your system. However, you failed to noticed what I am actually talking about. You play it at 1024x768 resolution, not so high Anti-aliasing either.

Try to play it on 1280x1024 with everything maxed. And everything includes everything. And as far as FPS goes, I don't like to play game if I am not getting constant 65 FPS. If I get less than 65FPS, then I had to compromise in quality, everyone has different standards.

i do not play at 1024x768, I play at 1280x1024 with everything maxed including AA as the option in Fear only lets me choose 4xAA

cant you see that score thread properly i have showed 3 resolutions

Radeon said:
Not obsessed with 6xAA, I am telling what does MAX really means. Eitheway, I don't think there's a way to enable 6x AA in game itself, so I am not sure if it makes much difference anyway if you enable it in Control Panel.

But the thing I am talking about is, that to run FEAR VERY (65+ FPS Constant) well (that's I've been saying from 1st page), dude needs very fast GPU setup. I did mentioned above, that he should upgrade his CPU/RAM first. But few guys are trying to be smart ass here :p

X1900XTX is a good card, and you can play FEAR very well on it, but you may have to compromise with few settings as well, especially on Viperbooze's rig. Unless you've E6600@4.0Ghz :)

Radeon said:
Blah, I am out of this thread, do something about your piss poor ego buddy. Core 2 Duo is undoubtedly better CPUs around. But don't you think there are AMD X2's / Opteron's which are better than your CPU, are out there?

I am saying again, I do own very good hardware. So, I know what kind of performance are YOU getting from YOUR hardware in FEAR. I could actually trust Chaos, since because he has his CPU nicely overclocked, yet he's not loud as you're. Sheezh!

Well for your info here's my scores in FEAR Extraction Point Demo.

At 1280 x 960 resolution, 4X AA, 16x AF, All settings at maximum except physics on medium, soft shadows off, DX8 shaders off (settings given by chaos) my FPS never fell below 75 and is above 100 for the most part. My E6300 is at 2.1GHz which is less than Udits, but GPU is 1900XT. Ram is 1 GB only. So CPU is out of the equation as he has a DC running at 3 GHz (Its not that bad that he has to upgrade), RAM to some extent any be a limiting factor. But definitely the 1900XTX is not a limiting factor. So I believe Udits scores are correct.

Ok Udit, I apologize I didn't see it correctly, I was in bit of hurry :)

But still, on 1280x1024 Resolution in says 55 FPS average, and that's far below then my standard, yet I am sure there's sudden stuttering would spoil the game (which I am sure happens with you as well). I don't know how you guys play games, but unless I don't get constant 'playable' FPS (i.e.65) I usually have to compromise between quality. No slowdowns for me atleast, however.

I don't know why you guys are even arguing with me on this. I clearly mentioned Viperbooze to upgrade his CPU first and then RAM, if it works out for him, then it's all good, but I don't think unless you've high-end Multi-GPU (X1800 CrossFire and above) solution, you will able to play it on high FPS with no stuttering at all. According to me, if you get around 100+ FPS Average in FEAR performance test, only then you'll be able to enjoy FEAR, and I am sure there will no 'sudden stuttering' with it whatsoever. And obviously I am talking about 1280x1024 Resolution.

Lord Nemesis -- "Settings at maximum except physics on medium, soft shadows off, DX8 shaders off" doesn't mean everything is at "MAX". I could understand the need to turn of DX8 Shader's, but with "MAX" Physics & Soft Shadows enabled, it will stutter a lot in few areas.

FEAR poorly coded or what, you will enjoy on X1900CF, but obviously a faster CPU would still be a requirement, i.e. AMD X2 4200+ atleast.

Once more, I would like to say, Viperbooze should upgrade his CPU & RAM first. And after that if it's okay with his standard, then everything is fine.

Back