Graphic Cards ATI 2900 pro Artifacts and Bluescreen in Normal Mode .. Need Help :(

ajex

Adept
I have this card for over 3 years now .. got it from KMD & its warranty just expired last month ... It happened yesterday when after few hours surfing i started my FEAR Multiplayer .. the screen went black but after sometime the game menu came .. but it was lagging a lot .. so i did alt+ctrl+del n closed the process did a shut down ... today i started getting some artifacts right from the Boot screen:

then the Windows 7 loading animation was fine .. after that came this screen:

shorty after this the screen goes black and a BSOD comes just for a short period before it restarts again .. the BSOD says something of Display driver not responding and some reference to ati's dll file ..
The same thing happens even with the windows auto-loaded drivers ...

However, The artifacting is not there in the safe mode so currently i am running the PC in the normal mode with the gfx card set at disabled:

i've tried to revert back to the stable 10.8 ones as well .. but still no luck .. My System config is in my siggy below ...any suggestions shall be of great help :(

Time to buy a New Graphics card. Reason for artifacts one of memory is bad. I had same problem with my 8600 GT RMAed and now again its dead.

actually here repairing isnt a solution but you may try convincing rashi people or whoever is your concerned service provider. But they too wont peep deep to repair an old card.

ajex said:
thanks Mr. Rig and Neville .. errm .. any idea if i can get it repaired anywhere in india ..
I strongly recommend not to go for Repair because its not CRT TV where one can get spares easily moreover computer items require sophisticated repairing instruments and experts to deal with.

I think due to budgetary constraints you may look for HD 4670 as it more powerful than your current card see here Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart : Best Graphics Cards For The Money: November 2010

^ i'll be definitely buying either a PS3 or a gud Gfx card budget 15k max ... but the thing is that i wont be gaming much till May'11 when the Ati 7xxx series is scheduled to come .. so i wanna keep both the windows of opportunity open :) .. i did some googling and found a shop in nehru place which is known to have ppl who fix cards .. goes by the name of Computer solution ... will give it a shot .. but thanks everyone for the suggestions :)

Back