Graphic Cards ATi R600 Specs revealed...64 friggin shader pipelines!!!!

SunnyBoi

Branch Manager
Staff member
Patron
OMFG!!! Look at the specs!!!!!!!

The full specs leaked are as follows:
65nm

64 Shader pipelines (Vec4+Scalar)

32 TMU's

32 ROPs

128 Shader Operations per Cycle

800MHz Core

102.4 billion shader ops/sec

512GFLOPs for the shaders

2 Billion triangles/sec

25.6 Gpixels/Gtexels/sec

256-bit 512MB 1.8GHz GDDR4 Memory

57.6 GB/sec Bandwidth (at 1.8GHz)

WGF2.0 Unified Shader

expected to come in Nov/Dec 2006.......

[RANK="www.megagames.com/news/html/hardware/atir600specsrevealed.shtml"]

Source[/RANK]

Ah... Ahem. Think abt this ppl. Do WE need a card like this ? Don't u think that ATi and nVidia, in their battle for supremacy, are going a step too far ? The 512 MB RAM cards which r abt. to be released later this year r gonna cost $1000 with a performance gain of just 10-15% as reviewed in this month's CHIP. That is completely irrational - a 10-15% performance upgrade in ratio to a 80-100% increase in price !!!!! What's ur opinion, ppl. ?

well about 2 years ago we thought the 265MB 9800pro a overkill.
256MB today is just regular nacessary stuff for high end cards.
And we thought the raw power of NV40 and R420 is useless. Now we have games which push these cards.
If hardware comes out software will come out too. And i am actiually surprised its scheduled for Dec 06. I was thinking of it this time next year.. And i wont be surprised if it makes this time next year.
This time next year we should have U3 engine games. So you never know.
We are already at 32 pipes ( hopefully with G70 and R520 ). So double pipes in 1 year is normal these days :p

ppl. like u n me r gonna get crushed b/w this war of ATI n Nvidia as these cards r gonna cost a fortune..
And if technology comes out , games and softwares come out to push it even further and hence the cost will keep increasing

Aces170 said:
hmm its hearsay, btw at Beyond3d those guys are 100% sure that R600 is gonna be a 512bit card.

512-bit memory is definitely the wrong way to go. This will make the circuitry extremely complex and drive up the costs. It's much easier to increase the memory bandwidth with faster memory as is the case with today's high-end cards. Look at 256-bit memory, it has been around since what? Geforce4 Ti?

tracerbullet said:
512-bit memory is definitely the wrong way to go. This will make the circuitry extremely complex and drive up the costs. It's much easier to increase the memory bandwidth with faster memory as is the case with today's high-end cards. Look at 256-bit memory, it has been around since what? Geforce4 Ti?
Nope 4Ti was 128bit. The first 256bit card was matrox parhelia.

Back