ATI Radeon 4850

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supra

Skilled
Feb 10, 2005
am gonnna buy 2 of those hd4870 with in a month or so, if the price come down to 16/card....awaithing for the price drop.....

First review links >>> then edited to something else....what r u dng man !

Send me 32k+shipping, I will send 2 X 4870 cards to u :rofl: ...show me the money !!!!

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
Switch said:
http://www.techenclave.com/dealer-s-paradise/ati-radeon-4850-a-114735.htmlAgain...

Sapphire Technology - warranty

They have mentioned this on thier site... And have a small read here...

ATI-based brands to avoid? - [H]ard|Forum

Seems like i aint the only one having troubles with saphhire...

Switch, the same thread ^^ has a post that reads:
Avoid Visiontek like the plague!

They don't honor warranties, their customer service is almost non-existent, and they are flat out incompetent in their service department.

I have a Visiontek 3870 that kept on corrupting and crashing in shader intensive DX10 games. I first thought it was the fan issue and updated the BIOS, then I plugged in the fan directly to 12V for full speed -- no dice. Finally I sent it back to Visiontek. After nearly four weeks with no emails from them, it came back with a letter saying they could find no problem "after extensively testing it for 36 hours." Of course the exact same problems remained, so I sent several, much more emphatic emails where they finally agreed to exchange the card. I ship it back. Three weeks later, again with no email communication from them, I get the same card back, same bullshit letter, only this time they "upgraded the BIOS." Arrrrrgh! Assholes!!! $36 in shipping/handling fees and my card still doesn't work.

Finally I took matters in my own hands, voided the warranty, and replaced the heatsink/fan with a VF900-cu. Guess what? No more problems! Plus, instead of a lousy 800/1200 overclock, I now get 891/1261 and temps stay cool.

Avoid Visiontek like the plague! Go with a reliable manufacturer like ASUS or Gigabyte. Even though their warranty period is only three years, at least they honor it.

I'd say stick to HIS, Powercolor, Asus or Palit; :)

Supra

Skilled
Feb 10, 2005
No re in India its 3 years ! in USA/Europe it depends from brand to brand , and differs from 1 year to lifetime warranty from Visiontek.

You can get the info from Aditya Infotech/Tirupati ent abt it.

Also warranty terns differs from region to region

WD provided 5 yrs door to door replacement warranty in India unlike 3 yrs online RMA for other regions. And the links you are quoting is based on US sapphire warranty which even charges some 25$ ( its fairly well known). I would never get anything frm US in ATI cards stable except Visiontek/Asus

starchazer

Disciple
Aug 21, 2007
Mumbai
@TechshopGuy. Paid you in full. Please check your account and make the delivery ASAP. For some reason PM is not working. :(

Feb 12, 2008
www.techshop.in
THANKS FOR THE AMAZING RESPONSE !!!!! :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

Palit ATI 4850 Cards are now Out of Stock

Limited Stocks of GeCube Cards are still available :hap5: :hap5: :hap5:

Hurry Guys, this GO is a GREAT DEAL !!!!!!

EMI OPTIONS ALSO AVAILABLE FOR ICICI CC Holders

Price for CC Purchase (After Discount Coupon) : Rs.11,839/-

6 EMI: You pay Rs.11839/6 = 1973.17/- Per month for 6 months + 0.025*11839 = Rs. 296/- on the First Statement.

FOR NON-CC PURCHASES, PRICE IS STILL Rs. 11511/- :clap: :clap: :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.