WTB ATI Radeon DVI to HDMI Adapter !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HailStonE

Skilled
I want the DVI to HDMI adapter which can transmit audio signals as well... Most generic converters do not transfer audio but only videos. I've a HD4850 with dual DVI ports. The DVI ports can supply audio through these specific adapters. I would be using this to connect my HDTV. The card was bought from another user & this adapter was not available.

If anybody is ready to sell then please help me out...

New ATI Radeon DVI to HDMI Adapter 6140063501G w/ Audio | eBay

HIS DVI to HDMI Adapter for ATI 6000 / 5000 / 4000 / 3000 series < Cables & Adapters < Gaming Accessories < Products | HIS Graphic Cards

I am pretty sure that even the dual link DVI-D connectors can't carry audio signals. There is no such thing like DVI to HDMI adaptor with Audio. This listing seem fake to me.
I welcome to be corrected.

Afaik, you cant transmit audio over DVI. But yes, audio can be transmitted along with DVI if the card contains an S/PDIF output.

Read this :Digital Visual Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . DVI is actually a standard to transfer Digital Video content.
It cant carry audio signal due to its own pin configuration.
HDMI can be considered as improved version of DVI which has the capability to carry HD video and audio content over single cable. Also, they both are electrically compatible, so no signal loss is observed with converting from DVI to HDMI or vice-versa but only for Video content.

^.. Its the same HIS part that I inked to, but its only for some specific models.

One cannot expect it to carry audio from DVI if the card itself does not support it...

Bump.....

Willing to trade 2x eBay 200/- off coupons (No min purchase limit)

Effective value of coupons = Rs. 400/-

:)

Got the adapter from eBay.com. Its authentic Model. 6140063501G. Cost me just Rs. 175.75/- shipped only... :yahoo:

Now I have audio over HDMI from the DVI port like I wanted... :bigok:

MODS close the thread... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back