Graphic Cards ATI Radeon HD 5970 - The Behemoth is here!

Don_Mon

eating nachos and bending tacos!!
Disciple
this card is 12" long and packs some serious firepower;

card-box.jpg;pvd48308809bd8cc77

here is the source;

ATI Radeon HD 5970 - The King Returns :: Articles :: www.hardwarezone.com

sabby said:
Look at the system power consumption chart. ATI Radeon HD 5970 - The King Returns :: Articles :: www.hardwarezone.com

A 5870 CFX setup with i7 975 consumes just below 400W ? :O

Which means VX450 can run 5970 or 5870CFX ?? :huh: I'm leaving the actual capability of VX450.

Dont be under this impression.
Yes, even most powerful setups consume much lower power than what we might think after reading TDP specifications. We must keep in mind that the specifications are usually MAX levels which are very rarely achieved under normal system usage and also not all components are stressed to max at one time.

But powerful cards and CPUs needs stronger voltage rails. So dont be under impression that 400/450W PSUs will handle these beasts. I wont be surprised if VX450 or RPP 460/550 will run stock i7/i5 setup with these cards. But if you oc you setup or if card tries to pull too much current over 12v rails, it can all end in a grand finale of smoke and sparks :p

this would definitely be based on the reference design by ati------the card is TOO long! they need to make it shorter----------does ati's site list the cabinets capable of accomodating this card???

sankhadeep said:
if i have to get this card... i have sell my kidney.....

n maybe ur liver too :p

ubergeek said:
Come on Nvidia Unleash your FERMI's instead releasing crappy mianstream cards

i read somewhere tht nvidia is havin issues with fermi. the gd kind of issues thoh.

its like tryin to make a supercar stable enuf for humans use. a car which has so much torque tht the chassis breaks before the car can even move :D

sankhadeep said:
if i have to get this card... i have sell my kidney.....

If i m not mistaken it says 600 dollar

That means around 29k...thats less than 1/4th price of single kidney ...if u willin to sell so cheap ill buy your kidney for 40k and sell at 2L :eek:hyeah:

^OMFG

in tht case it'll be around 35k on the street. THATS JUST FUKIN AWESOME :D

a question thoh. whats its exact length???? is this devil gonna even fit in my poor haf 932?

Back