Graphic Cards ATI reports 3rd quarter loss

R520 will probably beat 7800GTX. The leaked results of 7800GTX turned out to be true. Leaked reports of R520 says 9.9K 3dmark05.
Thats why Nvidia have named this card GTX and not ultra.
And as far as memory goes. The fastest available in good production is 1.6ns so both Nvidia and ATI will be restricted to max 1250 on memory clock.
Ultra will most probably will be higher clocked core and maybe more pipelines. And its suppose to be out by Xmas.
Its wait and watch game. Feature wise there wont me much to choose this time around. Its all gona be about speed.

C'mon this time Nvidia has beat ATi fair and square.Its months b4 R520 hits retail,whereas if you have the cash you can buy the 7800GTX now.
Commercial production of 1.4ns & 1.2ns GDDR3 will commence shortly ,btw,so both Nv and Ati will use it soon.

haha, atleast let the R520 to debute then we can reach to conclusion.
The only reason i am not upgrading now is i wanted 2X the performance of current cards. Then only i will invest $600 in a graphic card.

^^ I think not 6800's are expensive to produce. They will come out with a 7xxx series but just dont expect it to be faster then the current high end cards, last year was an exception this year its surely not.

I just hope we dont have a single company to choose a product for, its bad for the market.

Hey, the earlier benchmarks with 3DM '05 showing the 7800 at around 7400 marks seem to be pure BS.

The Tom's Hardware benchmark tell a different tale. Have you guys seen this?

Nope its not BS.
People have bought 7800GTXs. Look over at XS forums. Single card is scoring around 7400-7700 depending on the system used.
Even Toms score is 77xx.

My bad. I looked at the SLI scores and thought "This is the real deal". The single card scores are at 77xx, as you pointed out.

I checked Beyond3D for the review. I must say that the performance of the 7800GTX is damn impressive. Overall, it scores approx. 48% more over the 6800 Ultra in all tests (single card mode), all other things remaining same. The gap widens with the increase in resolution. Woohoo...

Back