Atmel 8051 Programming

Amarbir

Skilled
Mates ,

Just Wanted To Know If We Anyone Out there Who is Into This ,My Clases For Some Advanced Products Are On And i am Enjoyng The Same ,I Am Also Preparing Some Notes For Other Fellow Like Minded Fellows .:p

hammerhead said:
Yes I have done programming for AT89S51, what would you like to know?

Hi ,

I would Like To Know The Following

1 :What Language You Used

2 :What Development/Training Board You Used

3 :anything Else You used In That

Well Only Hammerhead and i are there who use 8051 :p or we have some avr ,cpld ,fpga and other fans here too bollo bolloo:)

I worked on Motorola 8751 in 2000-2001. I used ASM51 I think. In addition I worked on Xilinx 360 FPGA. However, it's been 9 years and I can barely recall anything(even the model nos of the chips I used) :ashamed: .

Hi ,
I would Like To Know The Following

1 :What Language You Used
2 :What Development/Training Board You Used
3 :anything Else You used In That

Well Only Hammerhead and i are there who use 8051 :p or we have some avr ,cpld ,fpga and other fans here too bollo bolloo:)

Amarbir, I am a huge AVR fan, used 8051 only once. As for your questions
1. I used C, programmed in Keil Microvision 3.
2. Programmed on the computer itself. As for the programmer I have no idea as I had given it to a lab of my college along with the .eeprom file.
3. Had used an emulator to test the hex code.

for AVR
1. C again, used WinAVR compiler.
2. Again, used the comp. As the AVR is ISP, programmed it using PonyProg 2000 and a parallel port, so no use of programmer.

Hi Hammerhead ,

I just cannot get 8051 platform out of my head ,i am now n reciept of my traning boards and currently i am reading 8051 books from kenneth .That Book Will Teach Me ASM Programming For The 8051 .Once i Am Done With The Book .I Will Reveive My C Programming Skills Back And Then Head For C Programming For The 8051 .Once i Am Well Versed With The Same We could Migrate To Better Families of The 8051 Like FRom silicon Labs Or Others .

PS :Once i have full knowledge of this system migration for The PIC ,AVR ARM Would Be Easy .When i Am Done With This i Will Migrate To CPLD And FPGA .

Back