PC Peripherals atp3 + sound card

nuclearvipul

Disciple
i was thinking of buying atp3 + a sound card from nehru place by this sunday, but i have some doubts plz clear them.
1 i have 2.0 speakers at present will i be able to connect the atp3 which is a 2.1
2 will atp3 have external supply, if not then how would it effect the backup of my ups.
3 how much load will sound card and atp3 put on my psu and ups.
4.which sound card to buy creative audigy value or creative sb live.
5. from where to buy- computer empire , smc or cost to cost.
plz reply soon.

nuclearvipul said:
i was thinking of buying atp3 + a sound card from nehru place by this sunday, but i have some doubts plz clear them.

1 i have 2.0 speakers at present will i be able to connect the atp3 which is a 2.1

the .1 ( subwoofer channel derives the low frequencies from the left and right channel, and requires no seperate input. all you have to do is plug in the stereo connector, the same as on your current speakers

2 will atp3 have external supply, if not then how would it effect the backup of my ups

yes, it will be powered by a separate adapter.it will load the UPS, a few watts , so shouldn't affect it a lot . you can always connect it directly to mains

3 how much load will sound card and atp3 put on my psu and ups.

sound card load to PSU will be negligible , speaker wont load PSU at all. souncard load to UPS is not applicable. Speaker load on UPS mentioned above

4.which sound card to buy creative audigy value or creative sb live.

for music / movies , get the SB live. if you play games as well, get the audigy value

Are ATP3s being phased out? I am not getting them at kolkata. Every distributor says out of production. Can anyone tell where can I get them here? And current damage?
Actually I do not require a 2.1 speaker system at this moment. But I find many guys out there and also here are steady fans of the product. So, I want to give a try. Let's see if I become one of its supporters.....

you're welcome. I was at my fave dealer, and even he had quite a fey atp 3's lying around. most dealers say that production of something has stopped when they stop getting shipments of it for a while, and want to push something else onto you. don't let that discourage you ;)

Any contact no of arihant infotech? Also are there any distributors of altec here? If at all I do not get ATP3 are there any models that may match its perfection?
Thanks in advance.

so atp3 is with 2 speakers and 1 woofer right so is there anything above it with 5 speakers one woofer and stuff and for how much. planning to get rid of my onkyo soon... thanks again

i have bought both atp3 and audigy value sound card, i have connected the atp3 in place of my earlier 2.0 speakers without using the sound card, i have noticed that at the highest volume the volume is quiet low .
is this bcoz of the onboard audio(realtek ac 97) or some fault in the set, or some setting needs to be done .plz reply quickly i am very anxious

no i have not used the sound card yet, was trying how it sounds with onboard video and also i have not understood how to install the sound card so...
plz if u can guide

Ratna333 said:
Any contact no of arihant infotech? Also are there any distributors of altec here? If at all I do not get ATP3 are there any models that may match its perfection?
Thanks in advance.

here you go:
Code:
Arihant Infotech	
Mr. Anil	
3 Biplabi Anukul Chandra Street  	
Chandni Chawk	
Kolkata - 700072	
Phone No. 32978912

no i have not used the sound card yet, was trying how it sounds with onboard audio and also i have not understood how to install the sound card so...
plz if u can guide

you CANNOT compare an ATP3 to 2.0 ordinary speakers :no:

or maybe your onboard sound is THAT bad :p , so as to make the atp3 sound horrible. IF you aren't comfortable installing the sound card, get a pc shop to do it :)

Many thanks Udit for the info. :)
no i have not used the sound card yet, was trying how it sounds with onboard audio and also i have not understood how to install the sound card so...
plz if u can guide

Just plug it into any of your free PCI slots (white one), install the drivers and off you go. :clap:

if you have a good mp3 player , or something with and earphone socket which sounds good , plug it into that and then say the atp3 is ordinary :p

greenhorn i have not and neither i will ever say that atp3 is ordinary, so many people on te recomend atp3 over and above several other 2.1 speakers ,so definitely atp3 must be something special.
i just wanted to say that with my crappy(totally agree with u) onboard sound atp3 could not sound to it's full potential.
but now i have installed the sound card as well as it's software myself , but i am confused on how to make the connections bcoz in the user guide differnt connections are given for digital and analogue speakers , which one to follow .
plz greenhorn help me with these connections .

generally the speakers go into the green socket. The speakers have a matching green plug.Thats all there is to the connections.

Back