Security Software Attacked pls help

satanheart

Disciple
I've been infected by the new folder virus. I used avast, nod32 and even norton nothing happens.even my taskmanager has got disabled . I really cant format my complete hard disk i've got 1tb of games and hd movies pls help.

If u can install .exe then use Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 Trial(update it fully) and run the FULL SCAN. Which OS are you using and what's the name of the virus?

try kaspersky. it did clean out that virus. however from what i have seen this virus doesn't effect vista as much as it does to xp. which os are you using

ya, kis is the best for curing infected systems, whereas there are lot others which has better prevention.

But once, affected then no other choice than to use KIS.

do as suggested by hayabusa_ryu

it ll do the job.

i have found it better than mc Afee, avast, AVG, bit defender, norton etc.

if u cant install AV.....use 3rd party process monitoring tool and delete all process which u find suspicious
(having path in Temporary folder, usually)

2nd. Delete all startup suspicous apps(msconfig/3rd party apps)

3rd Now install NIS 2010 trial and do a full system scan.

+1 for what Gowt1ham says. There is a small utility known as processexplorer... just google procexp.exe. If the virus restarts when you shut down the process, processexplorer let's you suspend the prorcess, so that it is not closed, but it is not working either. Then you can run some scans, and install software. Backup first!

i had a similar experience with new-folder-virus. It disabled all anti-virus programs like nod32, avast..

Dr. Web's CureIt standalone antivirus (trial edition) did wonders n deleted the damn "Khatra.exe" virus. :)

Download and run the latest Dr. Web's CureIt antivirus in safe mode and also dont connect your pc to the net when scanning takes place . The new folder virus disables all antivirus programms and it also monitors all new .exe installations . So do as i said . Dr cureit does not need any installation and it can directly run in the safe mode .

Back