Attention: Do not self medicate (SARS-CoV-2)

swatkats

Skilled
warning_26a0-fe0f.png

⚠ Please don't follow videos suggesting self medication (be it Dhruv rathee or Aajtak or any other youtube or WHATSAPP FORWARD) or follow guides

I know of people who got admitted to Hospitals without proper assessment as they were taking paracetamol and Allergy tablets.

1. Consult a doctor first (Practo/callhealth/1mg) or any other trusted platform if you are worried about going out. If your family doctor is available through phone that would be a good option.
2. If required go for Covid tests or else simple blood tests like CBC, LFT, ESR, CRP should be more than enough.

LASTLY, Wear a Mask and practice social distancing.

Last edited:
Possibly the most exhaustive study done on self medication in recent times ( it's a Polish study, where the doctor patient ratio is lowest in EU 2.4 per thousand, in India its 1: 1436)
A lot of effort went into this. Please read at least the findings before jumping into any conclusion.

Attachments

• ijerph-17-08344-v2.pdf
    654.4 KB · Views: 213
Everything the doc said is acurate from clinical POV ( AFAIK) but very simple, basic things can get complicated during pandemics.
Fatigue is the biggest problem for doctors working in ER/ critical care which leads to mistakes.
Reducing workload on them is very crucial. Triage, I think, is a very harsh word in medicine. Each and every life is equally important for the concerned families, loosing a father/ mother in 50s or 90s is equally painful for a son or daughter.
But in situations like this, triage becomes extremely important, can you guys find videos demonstrating triage?

PS: Donate money to anyone.. Except PM CARES FUND!!!

Below are the transparent organisations

Ek baar Nigerian prince ko paisa de dena but PM Cares mein don't give.

PS: Donate money to anyone.. Except PM CARES FUND!!!

Below are the transparent organisations

Do they accept small contributions from abroad?
Last time PM CARES was asking for address proof, ID card and social security number.
We Czechs don't have social security number like US, we have a variabilní symbol ( 8 digit number), will that do?
A lot of people in EU wants to help in this time of crisis, except Austria, none of the others I know of are rich countries, but if a lot of people comes up, a significant amount can be donated provided they don't make us jump through hoops.

Do they accept small contributions from abroad?
Last time PM CARES was asking for address proof, ID card and social security number.
We Czechs don't have social security number like US, we have a variabilní symbol ( 8 digit number), will that do?
A lot of people in EU wants to help in this time of crisis, except Austria, none of the others I know of are rich countries, but if a lot of people comes up, a significant amount can be donated provided they don't make us jump through hoops.
Through Give India, Below details are needed.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 103
How do I get a phone number with country code of India? ( +91)
I'm not a non resident Indian citizen. I have a Czech passport.
No PAN card either!! I don't pay taxes in India.
Come on!! Not everyone living outside India is NRI/ has Indian documents.
Can Czech/ Slovak donate?

How do I get a phone number with country code of India? ( +91)
I'm not a non resident Indian citizen. I have a Czech passport.
No PAN card either!! I don't pay taxes in India.
Come on!! Not everyone living outside India is NRI/ has Indian documents.
Can Czech/ Slovak donate?
Yes you can. There are other options as well in the drop down menu in the form. He must have thought you are an NRI, so showed you those options. There are a lot of projects on that website. Just choose The ICRF Project and donate to that.

Screenshot_20210427-080433.jpg

Anybody here knows about the present oxygen saturation @ AIIMS?
A forum member needs to be admitted, no one I know @ AIIMS Delhi, is picking up phones.

Anybody here knows about the present oxygen saturation @ AIIMS?
A forum member needs to be admitted, no one I know @ AIIMS Delhi, is picking up phones.
this is the situation from first covid wave

https://coronabeds.jantasamvad.org/beds.html <<<<<< this could help

For mumbai

1619495851469.png

Last edited:

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 96
Great news if true..but MANY of the doctors after receiving Covaxin by end of February are getting infected with moderate symptoms.
Almost everyone I know, who tested is coming positive.
Problem is, they never release full data, NEVER!!

if that gets released who will take the shot , the current situation demands to save as many lives as possible and put less pressure on system and death due to vaccine would be a collateral damage

Great news if true..but MANY of the doctors after receiving Covaxin by end of February are getting infected with moderate symptoms.
Almost everyone I know, who tested is coming positive.
Problem is, they never release full data, NEVER!!

What’s the good in that? They are doctors who are trying to save everyone’s lives. Pray that no live should be endangered.

Back