PC Peripherals audigy2 zs question

Sandy

Skilled
will audigy2 zs support DTS-EX?
What is DTS-EX?
only the gamer limited and Platinum Pro support DTS-EX or all audigy2 zs including the plain audigy2 and audigy2 value support this?

could not make up my mind between the platinum and gamer.
got audigy2zs gamer limited edition. :cool2:

are the cards the same? audigy2zs, zsgamer, platinum?

Do you have a THX certified 5.1 or higher speaker system, only then the DTS would be of any use to you, given that you are using DTS certiified original DVDs. If you watch DVIX movies like most of the people, then paying for extra features is a waste of money.
BTW, there is no difference in the regular sound quality between any Audigy 2. Hope this helps.

Its DTS-ES, and Dolby Digital EX. And yes, all the Audigy 2 ZS models support it. Only the Audigy 2 Value doesnt seem to have support for DTS-ES.

DTS-ES/Dolby Digital EX is an extension of the DTS / Dolby Digital 5.1 channel Surround Sound formats. It adds an additonal 1 or 2 channels to those basic 5.1 surround sound formats to bring it upto 6.1 , 7.1 channel sound. As you know, more number of channels , better is the sound orientation in a surround sound mix.
Unless you have a 6.1/7.1 channel speaker and Media like DVDs that have DTS-ES / Dolby Digital EX encoded audio in it, you wont have much use for it.

As I've seen Chaos saying many times, the Audigy 2 ZS, ZS Gamer, ZS Platinum Pro dont differ in the sound card. The ZS Gamer just seems to come bundled with a few extra games, the ZS Platinum Pro has an external I/O box with a number of jacks for audio/firewire, etc. The basic sound card remains the same among the three AFAIK.

Crazy_Eddy said:
Its DTS-ES, and Dolby Digital EX. And yes, all the Audigy 2 ZS models support it. Only the Audigy 2 Value doesnt seem to have support for DTS-ES.

DTS-ES/Dolby Digital EX is an extension of the DTS / Dolby Digital 5.1 channel Surround Sound formats. It adds an additonal 1 or 2 channels to those basic 5.1 surround sound formats to bring it upto 6.1 , 7.1 channel sound. As you know, more number of channels , better is the sound orientation in a surround sound mix.
Unless you have a 6.1/7.1 channel speaker and Media like DVDs that have DTS-ES / Dolby Digital EX encoded audio in it, you wont have much use for it.

As I've seen Chaos saying many times, the Audigy 2 ZS, ZS Gamer, ZS Platinum Pro dont differ in the sound card. The ZS Gamer just seems to come bundled with a few extra games, the ZS Platinum Pro has an external I/O box with a number of jacks for audio/firewire, etc. The basic sound card remains the same among the three AFAIK.

Small mistake there eddy.... zs platinum and zs are exactly the same other than the fact that the platinum has the live drive. zs platinum pro has slightly different connectors at the rear of the card.

have creative 4.1 speakers. that explains a lot thank you Crazy_Eddy. did not find the mystique. very pleased with my gamer limited edition ;) I will sell the games because i am having them

have creative 4.1 speakers. that explains a lot thank you Crazy_Eddy. did not find the mystique. very pleased with my gamer limited edition ;) I will sell the games because i am having them

Haha, you should prolly have waited for the new line of Creative cards.

Nevertheless, congrats on your new card ! Could you please share the price with us ;)

Back