Audio bliss !

Brendon

Skilled
Got this for my dad. Now wish they come with a nice 70% discount so I can get one for myself too. :(

All thanks to Chaos for coaxing me to try out online buying and to Stalker who helped me buy them. (from Jaben). :hap2: :yahoo:

Thanks guys, but it is not my toy ! Its for my dad. I cannot dream on spending that much on a pair of headphones for me !

Thanks guys. My dad mostly listens to Jazz, Country and Old rock music. The media is CDs mostly, but he has a large selection of Mp3s on his comp with an Audigy 4 sound card.

The amp will be made by him. I was thinking of getting him a cheap Tube amp like the Little Dot tube, but have no money left ! I thought maybe my dad would listen to them without an amp, but he has packed the headphones away till he can get an amp for it.

He actually doesn't have a decent set up (besides the amp) - (just a Pioneer DVD player + his own amp) to get the full potential of the headphones, but he will have to upgrade to a better player with better wiring now that the headphones are there.

BF1983 said:
He actually doesn't have a decent set up (besides the amp) - (just a Pioneer DVD player + his own amp) to get the full potential of the headphones, but he will have to upgrade to a better player with better wiring now that the headphones are there.
Hmm true, invest in a good CD player immediately! Wiring can wait until you have a good amp, and since he's into Jazz and Country, a tube will shine!

hanzy said:
congrats on the new toy....but 16k :S :S :S :ashamed:

..if you spend that on just a pair of cans...

how much will the amp be :)
A $400 pair of cans, jeez, are you telling me thats gonna really sound 4 times better than one at a quarter of the price ??

ohh my god ...16 k on headphones... :O :rolleyes:
your dads lucky..:eek:hyeah:
Congrats !!!
so are you getting the cardas cable upgrade for this too ?

blr_p said:
A $400 pair of cans, jeez, are you telling me thats gonna really sound 4 times better than one at a quarter of the price ??

No they wont...but in the audiophile territory, even the slightest improvement matters.

Back