Audio Audio Engine A5 quote

I have got a quote of 20,400/- (including taxes) for Audio engine A5 from the dealer listed on their site.Is it available cheaper than this anywhere else, i am located in mumbai.

i guess it might be due to the rising USD against INR.

Unless you have heard the A5s and are sure about getting them, i'd reckon to audition some AMPs and speakers around your budget.

sarang said:
i guess it might be due to the rising USD against INR.

Unless you have heard the A5s and are sure about getting them, i'd reckon to audition some AMPs and speakers around your budget.
Any suggestions on combinations for the above, around same price and would sound better ?

Thx

sounding better will be matter of personal taste.

I personally love the Tannoy Mercury F1 customs at around 9K a pair. Beautiful sounding speakers at that price point, that leaves you with a good 11K for the amp and cables.

I'd advice increasing a budget by about 3-4 k and get the NAD320 BEE, last i saw it was being sold at around 15K without a bill. not sure about the current prices though.

Remember that getting the hifi equipment is a time consuming albeit enjoyable experience. So keep on auditioning amp+speaker combos and finally pick the one that suits you better.

BTW what are the room dimensions like and where do you plan to place these speakers.

What is going to be the source?

sarang said:
sounding better will be matter of personal taste.

I personally love the Tannoy Mercury F1 customs at around 9K a pair. Beautiful sounding speakers at that price point, that leaves you with a good 11K for the amp and cables.

I'd advice increasing a budget by about 3-4 k and get the NAD320 BEE, last i saw it was being sold at around 15K without a bill. not sure about the current prices though.

Remember that getting the hifi equipment is a time consuming albeit enjoyable experience. So keep on auditioning amp+speaker combos and finally pick the one that suits you better.

BTW what are the room dimensions like and where do you plan to place these speakers.

What is going to be the source?

Dimensions are around 6m * 6m will place speakers adjacent to my monitor located at center of 1 of the walls, source is pc.

First quote was 16k, so i guess the price should be around 15k. Yes, with bill n warrenty. . . Never knew these were available in grey

Back