Audio issues with XP SP3

prince2688

Disciple
when i open volume control on windows XP sp3. it shows me the following message:
\\* there are no active mixer devices available.To install mixer devices ,go to control panel,click pinters and other hardwares, and then click add hardware.

The program will now close.
*\\
there is no sound from my speakers.
:huh:

Have u installed the drivers of the audio processing unit of ur motherboard or ur sound card(if u have one)?

If the drivers are already installed, uninsuall them from the device manager and reinstall the drivers.

hotshot05 said:
Have u installed the drivers of the audio processing unit of ur motherboard or ur sound card(if u have one)?

If the drivers are already installed, uninsuall them from the device manager and reinstall the drivers.

I donot have a seperate sound card.i think it is in built .i have downloaded the updated the audio driver i.e.REALTEK HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DRIVER. But its of no use:huh:

KB888111 is included Windows XP SP3, the files might have gone corrupt. Try reinstalling SP3 and then install the audio drivers again.

mayur7580 said:
KB888111 is included Windows XP SP3, the files might have gone corrupt. Try reinstalling SP3 and then install the audio drivers again.

NO.

WAIT!

Goto Device manager. Disable and then UNINSTALL Microsoft UAA High Definition framework.

Then Uniinstall your drivers. Reboot. Reinstall.

mayur7580 said:

done it.i have installed sp2 yhen again sp3.no use.:huh:

techie_007 said:
NO.

WAIT!

Goto Device manager. Disable and then UNINSTALL Microsoft UAA High Definition framework.

Then Uniinstall your drivers. Reboot. Reinstall.

is it really gonna help? coz the sound was working before i shifted to sp3 from sp2:huh:

Back