Audio Audio output from desktop not as good as from laptop

Thanks guys. i use sony srs d9 speakers and for headphones-soundmagic p30.so i guess either choice is right. any word about fiio e10k compared to dx based on SQ?

Choice can be difficult between these two. I have not used FIIO E10K but on quick google search it seems its a nice DAC. But somehow I have a feeling that DX will be better sounding than FIIO Dac. Since E10k is a USB Dac it has its own advantages. You can use it with your laptop as well and sound quality difference between xonar DG/DX and FIIO E10K might not be apparent since you dont have any hifi headphones.
So you can go with any of them DG/DX or E10K, you wont be disappointed. Xonar DG will cost half the price of E10K I guess, If you think you laptop sounds fine enough then go for DG/Used DX or if you think you want to get the best out of both systems then you can consider E10K.

Choice can be difficult between these two. I have not used FIIO E10K but on quick google search it seems its a nice DAC. But somehow I have a feeling that DX will be better sounding than FIIO Dac. Since E10k is a USB Dac it has its own advantages. You can use it with your laptop as well and sound quality difference between xonar DG/DX and FIIO E10K might not be apparent since you dont have any hifi headphones.
So you can go with any of them DG/DX or E10K, you wont be disappointed. Xonar DG will cost half the price of E10K I guess, If you think you laptop sounds fine enough then go for DG/Used DX or if you think you want to get the best out of both systems then you can consider E10K.
thanks bro. i guess that pretty much solves it. now all i gotta do is find a good deal. thanks for all the help[emoji4]

Its all about the synergy between the source and your gear (once the source is capable of driving your audio gear). I found the synergy to my taste more on the Xonar DX than any Fiio product I ever owned (Fiio e5,e11,e17) other than probably for RE-262 which worked well with the Fiio Amp (not DAC but amp). So based on this i would personally go for the Xonar DX over any Fiio products if the use is particularly for my PC.

Its all about the synergy between the source and your gear (once the source is capable of driving your audio gear). I found the synergy to my taste more on the Xonar DX than any Fiio product I ever owned (Fiio e5,e11,e17) other than probably for RE-262 which worked well with the Fiio Amp (not DAC but amp). So based on this i would personally go for the Xonar DX over any Fiio products if the use is particularly for my PC.
aren't e5, e11 and e17 all just headphone amplifiers with no DAC, however e10k is both amp and DAC. so as far as i know shouldn't DAC mean better SQ as role of DAC is that only. so considering that shouldn't fiio e10k have better SQ??

Fiio E17 is a DAC/AMP and forgot to mention above I also owned Nuforce Udac . The DAC will give you better sound than the onboard sound card but when compared to the SQ of Xonar DX I found the DX to be better that's what I meant.

Fiio E17 is a DAC/AMP and forgot to mention above I also owned Nuforce Udac . The DAC will give you better sound than the onboard sound card but when compared to the SQ of Xonar DX I found the DX to be better that's what I meant.
Ohk. well reading many reviews on various forums(like hi-fi) with direct comparison between the xonar dx and e10k, general consensus seems to lean towards Fiio e10k. But i guess it is more of a personal choice. Well then another choice to consider would be Xonar U7 as it has same features with both USB DAC and AMP function and not much price difference between xonar U7 and fiio e10k. Any experience with U7??

Back