Audio Setup for Living Room under 20k

I have a Dali Oberon 7, it's supposed to be one of the best for movies...but the installation is all messed up and it shakes even the floor of the bedroom above with minimal volume and I still can't figure it out.
Multi-channel placement specially with very powerful components can get really messy at times.

I have a Dali Oberon 7, it's supposed to be one of the best for movies...but the installation is all messed up and it shakes even the floor of the bedroom above with minimal volume and I still can't figure it out.
Multi-channel placement specially with very powerful components can get really messy at times.
PM me bro, maybe I can help. It looks like your setup is either poorly tuned or whoever did the install had no idea what they're doing. Let me know what AVR and Amp you're using and the whole set-up you have running. Will see if I can come up with a solution for you.

Guys stating it again I'm not into audio stuff and taking what you guys are recommending at face value.
I was set on soundbars with active subwoofers but most of you are recommending 2.0 studio monitors but not sure If I should spend 24k on monitors like JBL 305P.
@Nalin @Nitendra Singh @Rockfella
@rdst_1 @fLUX Wanted your suggestions too. Please recommend some models or ideas about the setup.
Bro get any 2.0 Active speaker that comes with Class D Amp and fits your budget.

Only sound bar that I like is Sonos Arc (can do Dolby Atmos) but stay away from budget ones as they lack vocal clarity which is very important for Movies.

Cambridge AXR 100, and I have the Rotel A11 also. The room is possibly too small. Will send you a photo after reaching home.
PM me bro, maybe I can help. It looks like your setup is either poorly tuned or whoever did the install had no idea what they're doing. Let me know what AVR and Amp you're using and the whole set-up you have running. Will see if I can come up with a solution for you.
Nah, the installation itself was possibly ok, but my obsessive wife during her mad vacuuming pre Christmas session moved things around.
We rarely watch tv anyway. Actually Dali is ready to send technicians again...I'm being too lazy, and given up on it.

Guys stating it again I'm not into audio stuff and taking what you guys are recommending at face value.
I was set on soundbars with active subwoofers but most of you are recommending 2.0 studio monitors but not sure If I should spend 24k on monitors like JBL 305P.
@rdst_1 @fLUX Wanted your suggestions too. Please recommend some models or ideas about the setup.
Although I have little to no experience with speakers, one thing is for sure, that if I was looking to buy something for both music and movies, and spending decent amount as you are, I would also go for bookshelfs/monitors/2.1 systems over a sound bar. Sound bars will be always a compromise in terms of sound quality and are popular mostly because of their looks and ease of pairing.

Cambridge AXR 100, and I have the Rotel A11 also. The room is possibly too small. Will send you a photo after reaching home.

Nah, the installation itself was possibly ok, but my obsessive wife during her mad vacuuming pre Christmas session moved things around.
We rarely watch tv anyway. Actually Dali is ready to send technicians again...I'm being too lazy, and given up on it.

Theatres have audio technicians on call. Home theatres have us. It's worth figuring out the tuning yourself too because when my set-up was tuned, I wasn't as happy with it till I tuned it myself. Same with my car audio. In the end, you figure out what your ears love and learn how to troubleshoot these things so you get the most out of your investment.

Get the JBL 104 bt active monitors from flipkart sale for 5k.
I'm using them with my TV currently and they're great for the price. Decent sounding and would fulfill your needs

Get the JBL 104 bt active monitors from flipkart sale for 5k.
I'm using them with my TV currently and they're great for the price. Decent sounding and would fulfill your needs

Those are decent for the price but OP has the budget for better ones and proper bookshelf ones will be better. Bigger the box, the speaker size, the fuller the sound.

You can't go wrong with 2.0 stereo setup, Something like Yamaha Bookshelf speakers with Yamaha / Denon or pioneer AVR or 2 channel amp.
Sound bars doesn't looks good in living room unless it's setup with some 4k TV.
A pair of good Yamaha bookshelf speakers will cost approx 18-20k and atleast 20k for stereo amp.
or yamaha studio monitors like HS8 , it's available for 43-46k, so a good setup will cost around 40k or more.
buy It's better to buy bookshelf speakers and avoid studio monitors unless you require some critical listening.

You can't go wrong with 2.0 stereo setup, Something like Yamaha Bookshelf speakers with Yamaha / Denon or pioneer AVR or 2 channel amp.
Sound bars doesn't looks good in living room unless it's setup with some 4k TV.
A pair of good Yamaha bookshelf speakers will cost approx 18-20k and atleast 20k for stereo amp.
or yamaha studio monitors like HS8 , it's available for 43-46k, so a good setup will cost around 40k or more.
buy It's better to buy bookshelf speakers and avoid studio monitors unless you require some critical listening.
Powered bookshelf speakers will be fine and meet his requirements. His budget being 20k, we have stuck with active powered bookshelf speakers. No one here is recommending a soundbar. OP seems still confused and keeps coming back to a soundbar and subwoofer for a recommendation. Can't accept that no one here will recommend one as any good. If someone has a recommendation for a soundbar and subwoofer combo he would be super happy as he gets what he wants and it's recommended so he's more assured about his purchase.

So to be pointless, here's a recommendation for a soundbar and subwoofer: Polk Audio Signa S2 on Amazon for less than 20k. Thousands of positive reviews and above 4.5 rating. OP can now go and buy in peace lol. Won't sound as great as good bookshelf speakers but hey, it's a soundbar and subwoofer that appears to be highly recommended, OP now has an option.

Thank you everyone for recommendations Taking your advices, I'm now looking at JBL 104 BT and Edifier R1080BT. Is there anything better under 7-8k?
I'm not a critical listener and brother sometimes does listens to EDM and Bollywood songs so was a bit inclined towards soundbar.
Bro get any 2.0 Active speaker that comes with Class D Amp and fits your budget.
How does one determine the class of an Amp? Do the above models mentioned by me meet the requirements?

Thank you everyone for recommendations Taking your advices, I'm now looking at JBL 104 BT and Edifier R1080BT. Is there anything better under 7-8k?
I'm not a critical listener and brother sometimes does listens to EDM and Bollywood songs so was a bit inclined towards soundbar.

How does one determine the class of an Amp? Do the above models mentioned by me meet the requirements?

The ones you mentioned are self-powered and don't require an amplifier.

Class D amps are smaller and more efficient, they used to not be as great as Class A/B ones which were bigger and ran hotter but off late they've improved and now can compare to a Class A/B one for most use cases.
The ones you mentioned do not really meet your brief but if your budget has now changed to 7-8k, you're not going to get better than these. Personally, unless you are budget bound, I'd never recommend this class of consumer speakers. Bad speakers just ruin the music listening experience for me and I'd rather not listen to anything at all than listen to bad sound.

Try these. F&D t60x very good speakers.

Given you don't want overpowering bass, may I recommend just a 2.0 stereo set up: The PreSonus Eris E4.5 2-Way 4.5: NF Studio Monitors, available on Amazon for around 18k. Since they're powered, you do not need an amplifier and for the money, the sound is exceptional. You'll still get enough bass, it'll just be clear and balanced.
Not OP, but I am planning to get the Eris 3.5 during Diwali sale, should get for ₹9-10k with discounts.

Any other recommendations in this budget?

Most integrated ones are Class D only, I like these ones better.

JBL C2PS Control 2P Stereo Pair

Want to buy audio setup for living room

Budget: 20k

Usage: Mainly for watching movies
Listening to music

Requirements: Clear vocals, adequate bass (not overpowering)
Great overall sound quality

TV does not have HDMI eArc port, would upgrade it in the future.

TV is wall mounted so tower speakers may not be a good idea?

Do not like the exposed wiring of the surround speakers running along the ceiling. So might not go for 5.1

Found This wireless 5.1 at 24k but not enough reviews to judge it.

So the only option that remains is soundbar with active subwoofer.

Is there much of a difference in sound quality in 2.1, 2.1.2 and 5.1 at this budget?

How much is the loss in sound quality if the subwoofer is wireless?

Also if there are some exceptionally good products slightly above this range, would increase my budget.

Please recommend specific models and do suggest your ideas for the setup.
Wireless Audio have latency and stereo quality will not be upto the mark of a wired ones.

One can have an assembled 5.1 channel audio with 12" Woofer 10" left and Right 6" center and surround with an Amplifier for 15K with bluetooth and USB.

I am planning to get the Eris 3.5 during Diwali sale, should get for ₹9-10k with discounts.
I checked Price tracker and Eris 4.5 were going for 10,990 INR in September 2020. Never came for that price again.
Would have gone for it for that price eyes closed.
One can have an assembled 5.1 channel audio with 12" Woofer 10" left and Right 6" center and surround with an Amplifier for 15K with bluetooth and USB.
Please link the components

Back