Audio Setup for Living Room under 20k

I checked Price tracker and Eris 4.5 were going for 10,990 INR in September 2020. Never came for that price again.
They may dip again, it will be september in 2 weeks. Also, do tag me if they dip to that price again, I will also do the same.

I checked Price tracker and Eris 4.5 were going for 10,990 INR in September 2020. Never came for that price again.
Would have gone for it for that price eyes closed.

Please link the components
Where are u located, Go to a ELECTRONICS rich seller Street, Explore an audio shop, and enquire for Assembled Set, In my experience, These days Assembled Audio items are almost at par with branded ones, Before assembling all you have to care about what Audio out Socket are you gonna use, is it SPDIF, RCA STEREO, HEADPHONE 3.5MM JACK OUT, OR 5.1 pc OUTPUT, and discuss it with audio Amplifier assemblers, they will guide u. budget must be 14.5K. go for 10" to 12" Subwoofer DAINTY. for speakers go for ATOZ, these are all CHEAP and BEST and in India, and can withstand Indian Condition for atleast 4 years, which is a great bargain. These days the Assembled Amplifiers come with 300Rs/- worth front panel with USB, BLUETOOTH,FM, and they can run for 2 years, and then u have to change it for 300Rs. that will be the least maintenance you can do.

FYI, the price includes 5 speakers and the 12" sub-woofer and the Amplifier.

Last edited:
Would have gone for it for that price eyes closed.
Add another 10% card discount and you can get it for lower. I'll get them during Diwali sale,unless someone recommends a better speaker.

Don't get caught up on the Studio Monitors aspect of their description. They're bookshelf speakers primarily. Why do Soundbars sound like crap and Bookshelf speakers so much better? Because depth to sound develops behind the speaker itself, in that nice box cabinet. We're recommending Bookshelf speakers over a soundbar with an active subwoofer because whatever you get in your budget for those won't sound as good as a simple 2.0 bookshelf setup for one, and for two, you need not cross your budget to get great sound. The Eris ones from Presonus are well within your budget and they're not to be laughed at, trust me.

Anyhow, your wish in the end. Since you said you care about vocal clarity and did not care so much about boomy bass, I recommended the Eris 4.5 bookshelf speakers because they exactly fit your bill. A Soundbar will deliver highs and the subwoofer, low bass, the mid-range would be mostly lost out on and therefore you end up with a boomy speaker setup that is opposite to the brief you mentioned and vocal clarity would be out the window.
Yes PreSonus line up is also good.

Sure, the Eris Sub 8 works fine with the 3.5
Though honestly you can add any subwoofer you like to any setup you want. The Sub8 is about 50 watts RMS with 100 watts peak. Its a bit weak and costs a bomb here. On the other hand I run a 550 RMS subwoofer with 300 watt RMS speakers (connected through about 120 watts amp for now). I generally suggest getting a high power sub and turning it down for more accuracy and a crossover around 80Hz instead of 100. If you can introduce filters, you can adjust the slope of at 80Hz and get some very precise punchy bass that is not a muddy rumble. A good sub costs a lot more than speakers but it's a one time buy for life. You can add whatever speakers you want really to that and run them all through an AVR and you'll be able to fine tune your sound a bit.

Last edited:
Sure, the Eris Sub 8 works fine with the 3.5
Though honestly you can add any subwoofer you like to any setup you want. The Sub8 is about 50 watts RMS with 100 watts peak. Its a bit weak and costs a bomb here. On the other hand I run a 550 RMS subwoofer with 300 watt RMS speakers (connected through about 120 watts amp for now). I generally suggest getting a high power sub and turning it down for more accuracy and a crossover around 80Hz instead of 100. If you can introduce filters, you can adjust the slope of at 80Hz and get some very precise punchy bass that is not a muddy rumble. A good sub costs a lot more than speakers but it's a one time buy for life. You can add whatever speakers you want really to that and run them all through an AVR and you'll be able to fine tune your sound a bit.
I have a few spare subs lying around, how do I connect them though? Straight to the PC?

How is JBL Professional NANO K4 retailing for 13k on Amazon? Might get it cheaper during sales.
What can I expect if I go the pre worshipped route?

How is Edifier R1855DB?
Couldn't find R1850DB anywhere.
Purchase on hold till Diwali sale.
What can I expect if I go the pre worshipped route?

They're VFM. Good pre-worshipped bookshelf speakers from higher end brands won't come near the price range of Edifier so if you're looking at that budget, those are the Chinese brand has hit a sweet spot in terms of audio for the money.
Someone here is looking to sell a pair of KEF bookshelf speakers and his asking price is close to 30k. In the beginning we asked what your budget is because in any budget there's something for everyone. You said 20k and that opened options. You then dropped it to 7-8k. Now you're back at close to 15k. You can spend anything for speakers so it all boils down to your budget, what you fixed as your upper limit and then you look at what's the best you can get in that range. Ask anyone experienced in buying audio. Always first fix your budget. Stick to it. There will always be something better for money and something worse for less money and in your budget there's always good and bad.

They're VFM. Good pre-worshipped bookshelf speakers from higher end brands won't come near the price range of Edifier so if you're looking at that budget, those are the Chinese brand has hit a sweet spot in terms of audio for the money.
Someone here is looking to sell a pair of KEF bookshelf speakers and his asking price is close to 30k. In the beginning we asked what your budget is because in any budget there's something for everyone. You said 20k and that opened options. You then dropped it to 7-8k. Now you're back at close to 15k. You can spend anything for speakers so it all boils down to your budget, what you fixed as your upper limit and then you look at what's the best you can get in that range. Ask anyone experienced in buying audio. Always first fix your budget. Stick to it. There will always be something better for money and something worse for less money and in your budget there's always good and bad.
Not able to edit the thread title and my older posts. The budget is fixed at 10k. Had already mentioned before,can spend a little more (upto 2k) if the product is exceptionally good.
Was getting the Edifier R1855DB for 11k a few days ago on FK. Now they're back to 15k.

Point taken. I think the Eris 3.5 won't match the R1855DB and the Edifier would be more comparable to the Eris 4.5 which is outside the OPs budget. The Eris 3.5 may not meet his requirements and I think he may be drawn to the added functionality of Bluetooth. From a user experience for the OP, I believe he'd be better off with the R1855DB and if he wants better quality sound with a similar output, he could consider the Eris 4.5

The Eris 3.5 may not meet his requirements and I think he may be drawn to the added functionality of Bluetooth. From a user experience for the OP, I believe he'd be better off with the R1855DB and if he wants better quality sound with a similar output, he could consider the Eris 4.5
Bluetooth connectivity is a must for me. Sadly the Eris 4.5 do not come with it.
If I use the Eris with a BT receiver and add a sub later, the purpose of BT is finished.
The Eris 4.5 is a very highly rated speaker. But the Edifier R1855DB doesn't have much reviews. I hope it's as good as R1850DB if not worse.

Bluetooth connectivity is a must for me. Sadly the Eris 4.5 do not come with it.
Will adding a Bluetooth receiver work? Not the most ideal solution since it will take up at least one input, but it is an option
Something like this:

I have a 6-7 yr old Logitech Bluetooth receiver permanently connected to a 2 decade old music system and plays music in aux mode, has been working like a charm.
I'm using an older version of this model, which has a barrel port for power (instead of micro USB) and has rca output too in addition to the 3.5 one:

There's a low latency receiver also available:

Last edited:
Will adding a Bluetooth receiver work? Not the most ideal solution since it will take up at least one input, but it is an option
Something like this:

I have a 6-7 yr old Logitech Bluetooth receiver permanently connected to a 2 decade old music system and plays music in aux mode, has been working like a charm.
I'm using an older version of this model, which has a barrel port for power (instead of micro USB) and has rca output too in addition to the 3.5 one:
Personally the idea of an external Bluetooth device is always optimal because you can get one that does AAC, LDAC, AptxHD etc, which budget speakers don't include. Bluetooth inbuilt is SBC codec and a bottleneck if you have decent speakers. SBC works for a JBL Flip because that's not about really listening to music. If you want to listen and enjoy music then a 3rd party bluetooth interface would be worth investing in. Even when connecting it to a car system that's aftermarket and not stock.

I never use Bluetooth in my car system except for a phone call coz once you use direct digital input, SBC sounds like crap and any money you spent on a decent amplifier or speaker set up is largely diminished.

The ASTELL & KERN - AK XB10 is a good option for this really and yes it's expensive but Bluetooth is shite on SBC. If you really must use Bluetooth try and avoid SBC unless you're using a portal bluetooth speaker like a Flip.
If I use the Eris with a BT receiver and add a sub later, the purpose of BT is finished.
The Eris 4.5 is a very highly rated speaker. But the Edifier R1855DB doesn't have much reviews. I hope it's as good as R1850DB if not worse.
Also what does the Sub have to do with BT?

Back