Audio Setup for Living Room under 20k

Still looking. Budget has increased to 20k. Should I look for a passive setup or buy active bookshelves?
Require atleast 150W or 200W RMS.

Given you don't want overpowering bass, may I recommend just a 2.0 stereo set up: The PreSonus Eris E4.5 2-Way 4.5: NF Studio Monitors, available on Amazon for around 18k. Since they're powered, you do not need an amplifier and for the money, the sound is exceptional. You'll still get enough bass, it'll just be clear and balanced.
I wonder if OP understands the difference between deep bass and upper bass.

Frequency response is 70Hz with a lower cut off at 80Hz. In other words there is no deep bass in this monitor at all.

You need to hit lower frequencies. Which subwoofer can you add to it ?

When an engine revs up its the deep bass that tells you its real. The roar and thunder are deep bass. The shriek and whine are upper bass and beyond.

A lion's roar or thunder would have no credibility without deep bass.

Upper bass is a slap to the face. Quick ones. Deep bass is a punch in the stomach. Boom, boom.

The former is louder, hits faster, carries further and as a resut sounds thinner, hollow. More desirable outdoors than indoors. Too much of it will drown out mids and highs. Is he confusing this for overpowering,

The latter hits slower, is softer so does not carry as far and sounds fuller. Meaning you can listen at a loud enough volume without troubling the neighbours.

Upper bass is cheaper to do so it will be the most common, deep bass is more expensive, needs bigger drivers. and speakers have to be tuned for it.

Once you experience that richer fuller punch I doubt there is any way back :)

Last edited:
There is a YAS-108 soundbar for sale on the forums, pair that with a subwoofer and it is a brilliant combo for the budget.
I know soundbars are shit upon by the audiophile lot, but that Yamaha is an exception. :)

Had bought the 1855DB from Flipkart. Didn't like it and my unit had power issues so returned it.
I'm looking at atleast 200 W RMS active or passive (complete setup) under 20k.
RMS has nothing to do performance, high sensitivity speakers run off a 5 watt tube amp and can get fairly loud.

hunt for a used pair of BS + used Norge amp, should close the deal for you under 20k.

I have these https://www.amazon.in/Taga-Harmony-B-40-Bookshelf-Speaker/dp/B07DH9QKDF/ref=sr_1_5?qid=1656396568&refinements=p_89:Taga+Harmony&s=electronics&sr=1-5#customerReviews

running these with cheap tpa3116 + tube amp, cost below 20k back when ebay was a thing, speaker alone were 15k back then.
I have the same pair, got for 18k last year for a pair with minor cosmetic flaw. Awesome pair for the price. I'm not able to run the volume too high, but it will faithfully reproduce an entire concert in your living room.

I have the same pair, got for 18k last year for a pair with minor cosmetic flaw. Awesome pair for the price. I'm not able to run the volume too high, but it will faithfully reproduce an entire concert in your living room.
Even if i get it at that price, adding a good amp would exceed my budget

If you're in Mumbai, you can contact Norge over email. They are very helpful and will arrange a demo for you. Email sambajaj9@gmail.com

They have very good reviews and their Nano might fit within your budget. Last year they'd quoted me 11.5k. Although, now that I'm thinking about it, I don't remember if that was for single piece or pair. You can check on email.

Won't a used LSR 305 that are being sold here be better than these?
Can Avshack be trusted?
I'm not qualified enough to answer it, you can consider others replies.
I'm new to speakers and I was kinda in the same boat as i was looking to buy new speakers in that budget and decided on this model based on asr review.
If you're in Mumbai, you can contact Norge over email. They are very helpful and will arrange a demo for you. Email sambajaj9@gmail.com

They have very good reviews and their Nano might fit within your budget. Last year they'd quoted me 11.5k. Although, now that I'm thinking about it, I don't remember if that was for single piece or pair. You can check on email.
Get a Pre-loved Norge Amp. Get a couple of 12"/15"Ahuja Full range drivers and make Open baffle speakers. :cool:
I have heard so much good reviews on the Norge amp, can someone say the exact model and price for these? I'm not able to find prices in their website.

I have heard so much good reviews on the Norge amp, can someone say the exact model and price for these? I'm not able to find prices in their website.
Prices not mentioned online. I mentioned in my previous post for speakers. I don't know the price of amp. If you want to know, just drop them an email.

I'm not qualified enough to answer it, you can consider others replies.
I'm new to speakers and I was kinda in the same boat as i was looking to buy new speakers in that budget and decided on this model based on asr review.

The Norge Concerto Gold 1000 is 15.5k plus shipping. It's a great Amplifier and sounds lovely. Will drive most speakers with ease.

You can call or Whatsapp Manisha at Norge for prices and other product info at: 9 8 2 1 8 7 1 0 2 3

Have you decided on your speakers that you are going to use the Norge with?

For under 25k I would have recommended the Edifier S1000DB (if you are going the powered speaker way) but it seems to be OOS on Amazon and Flipkart. I personally use the Edifier S1000DB on my desktop:

IMG_20220603_124154.jpg

Last edited:
Back