Audio technica ath m50

Karan, be a bit careful on the pick. There are plenty of ath-50 fakes around. Make sure its a reputed seller only. A few dollars more is totally ok. Do let me know what anuj quotes..

^^ Yea man which is why I picked up i2c instaed of the former.Please check the link again , im relatively new to ebay.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also just out of curiousity, any of you from Delhi/Ncr ? Cause Sid1712 here has a new m50 and he lives in gurgaon, maybe a couple of us can go together and check them out ? I will in anycase sometime this week.

^^^

nah man, mumbai here..

I have heard em and honestly the choice is between the ath-50 and the ATH ES-7---- the es-7 sound is straight in your face. There is no distance whilst the ath-50 sounds like the sounds coming from a few feet away. Unfortunately i couldnt listen to both of them together hence am a bit confused as to which one to go for. Ur GO would make the choice easier. I am ok with either one of them.

Alsi i suggest, do check how much does the denon d-2000 come to. Thats an absolute no brainer...////

^ D2000s are in a different league . Will set you back 19.5-19.9k officially from Denon dealers in India. Lowest you can get in India is from Pristine Note for 16k with 1 yr warranty or else KMD /I2C for ~14-15k.

^^^

Nah dude, you get em for 16k everywhere in India. Im hoping to get it cheaper @ from usa, hoping :). Will check lowest price later online and get back to you karan.

No man, WAY out of my budget , also I dont need something so hi fi right now.. My taste is towards quality impactfull deep quantitative bass , life like preciion and gigantic soundstage. The 50s have been rated in the top 10 cans in the price range alota times, in any case i plan to go aution them in a day or two so no scope for ambiguity.

^^^
Alright, sounds good, lemme know ur views.. till then ill try to get hold of all 3 for an audition myself. Im just a bit confused about the es7. They r rated pretty high too... But audio technica india doesnt stock em and i doubt anyone around here has 1 for a listen..

That is exactly the problem and they atlest 1.5 times the price od te 50s. Dont want to make that jump right now, even though i love the way they look.

^ Remember that the M50's are closed cans so you wont get a huge soundstage like the 555/AD700's. The Beyer DT770 has a larger soundstage (with more bloated bass, harsher highs) but it is double the price.

FaH33m said:
^ D2000s are in a different league . Will set you back 19.5-19.9k officially from Denon dealers in India. Lowest you can get in India is from Pristine Note for 16k with 1 yr warranty or else KMD /I2C for ~14-15k.
Fah33m, how do you compare D2000 and Grado reference series' best model (RS1 or something)?

^^^

Did my bit of research. ATH-50 post 200 hrs of burnin seems to lose their mids a bit. Its starting to sound more and more like my hd-485 now.

A lot of people have mentioned that if its the bass you need, get the ms1.

Views if any, anyone who might have both or either???

^ Have always wanted to try that mod since its so easy to do but i think i'll let the cans burn in for about 100 hours atleast first.

Back