Audio audioengine A5 are they durable enough

arrow004

Disciple
Thinking about buying a new set of speakers for my sammy lcd tv.Currently using z623. Read a lot of reviews online and many seem to favor Audioengine A5. What i wanna know is how long lasting are these(many complain these have overheating issues and a relatively hiogh failure rate) Also i won;t be listening to music at all.These speakers are solely for movies(mostly action with lots of explosion and stuff) and gaming in that order.Will i see an improvement over the logitech z623s i currently own or will they be a step backwards ?---- less bass,etc etc

One of my friends had to get his A2's replaced twice because of crackling sound and they are also very prone to scratches and the finish is such that the scratches are very noticeable. They have been working fine for the around last 2 years after getting replaced though.

^^ trouble is there are overheating issues with A5s as well.Since audioengine is not that well established in india claiming warranty might be a pain in the ass.And that's why am hesitant to buy these even though many say they sound amazing!Any other speaker system that comes close to these or atleast offers better sound than z623?? How's the edifier S730?? Not a whole lotta reviews out there:- How's the sound quality (for my needs that is), any known issues etc,etc??

Hey folks, Dave at Audioengine here. I'll try to address a couple issues:

-- The A2s had a bit of bad luck early on with a batch of bad power adapters. These have been fixed, and any customer with problems had theirs replaced. Failure rates on A2 since that time have been less than half a percent.
-- A few customers (less than 1 in 1K) had problems with overheating in the A5s. There were most, understandably, in hot areas like India or Australia. We have since improved this issue as well, so recent shipments should not see this issue either.

Hope these clarifications help.

Back