Augmented reality project help

aadish

Disciple
Hi people, i had posted a query in Eye-Candy section for the same, but got a poor response. I am developing a project using Flex to develop an augmented reality scene. I needed help regarding the following:

1. I need an idea for the project development.(I have chosen one that replicates my college building and some effects on it though any more creative ideas for the same are welcome.)

2. I wanted to learn how an event is handled by changing pattern position and angle.

Please help as soon as possible as the deadline for the project is 3 weeks.

its aadishkotwal@yahoo.com

Nitant, please any help regarding this would be immensely appreciated.

Ok..The project idea is becoming a bit clear though implementation still is really hazy. The idea goes like:
A marker is displayed in front of the web camera. A model of a pencil and a cup balancing on the tip of that standing pencil appears. When the marker tilts the pencil tilts on which the cup may fall off the tip.

Now can anyone please guide us through the proceedings. How do you trigger events by marker position, angle and movement.

Really urgent. Reply anything related.

^I have worked previously with ARToolKit (Augmented reality toolkit) and it works really well.

You have to trigger the events by changing the code in .NET. I dont remember much though, but the documentation is really good.

1. Download ARToolKit
2. Take a print out of the markers.
3. Install .NET
4. Run any sample project. And try to place various markers in front of the camera, see the effects.
5. Open the code, read the documentation and edit the code as per your requirement.

Can i get some help again..I downloaded a model(pencil) from google sketchup and integrated it with my project..However it's not working..Model is not displayed on the screen.What may have gone wrong??
Coding might not be wrong as i have referred to some projects.

Also the webcam setup is must be proper as webcam is displayed..Problem must be with the model...

Got what was wrong...Some of the google models are not integrable with flash project..

Can anyone guide my if i can use jiglib for the project mentioned above??

Back