Aus Open-Semi Final: Nadal Vs Verdasco

-#@-#@nk

Disciple
Sep 15, 2007
know what federer must be going through, when you give your 100% and still the results don't come as per your expectations, it hurts a bit, and it hurts even more when you've tried so many times
imo Fed lost in the last set, it was as if he knew what was coming, lost all hope of winning:(
kudos to Nadal though, played really well, as always:)

Nikhil

Skilled
Mar 29, 2005
www.techenclave.com
$#@$#@nk said:
know what federer must be going through, when you give your 100% and still the results don't come as per your expectations, it hurts a bit, and it hurts even more when you've tried so many times
imo Fed lost in the last set, it was as if he knew what was coming, lost all hope of winning:(
kudos to Nadal though, played really well, as always:)

Why didnt anyone feel bad for the dozens of opponents thrashed by Fedex when he was at his peak(more like the others were still too far off)? Why this one-sided pity/sympathy?

PS: DOnt flame me. I am a fan of Fedex. But a bigger fan of Nadal :p

-#@-#@nk

Disciple
Sep 15, 2007
Nikhil said:
Why didnt anyone feel bad for the dozens of opponents thrashed by Fedex when he was at his peak(more like the others were still too far off)? Why this one-sided pity/sympathy?

PS: DOnt flame me. I am a fan of Fedex. But a bigger fan of Nadal :p
Those opponents didn't cry! Atleast I don't remember or know :p
I hated Nadal for beating Federer each n every time, now, I've also become a fan of Nadal, this guy surely plays his game well..
:)

Vij

Skilled
May 22, 2006
Fedex had more winners, he also won a point more overall....and still lost :p
Too many unforced errors.

Kneo

Adept
Jun 27, 2006
The great thing about these two champions is exactly that - there is little to separate them and right now that little bit seem to be favoring Nadal. I strongly feel that since Nadal beat him at Wimbledon - Nadal has got to his nerves. Losing French to Nadal thrice was not as bad as losing to him in Roger's backyard, Wimbledon. Yesterday's match had ample proof of the usually calm Roger making too many unforced errors, that too on volleys which he otherwise can hit with his eyes closed! It was not Nadal's game as much as Nadal that beat Roger.

Roger will only be called a true champion if he can come back and beat Nadal in at least 2 more grand slams. Otherwise he would just be one of greats and not the greatest modern player ever.

Having said that, Nadal is a truly amazing player and an athlete. He has redefined athletisicm in tennis. As one of the articles mentioned, it was like playing against a wall - he just returned everything and then some more! But I still feel that when both the players are playing at their full potential, Fedex can beat Rafa - except maybe on clay.

One thing is for sure, for at least 2 more years, we can look forward to some great matches between these two champions and none of them would be a three setter for sure.