Australia Lose To Bangladesh

TheBroker

Skilled
Australia Lose to Bangladesh :O :O :S :S What a shock :boxed: :crazeyes:

CARDIFF, June 18 (Reuters) - Bangladesh produced arguably the biggest one-day international shock in history on Saturday as they beat Australia's world champions by five wickets in their triangular series match.

In reply to Australia's 249 for five, Mohammad Ashraful scored a run-a-ball century, only the second ever scored in one-dayers by a Bangladeshi, but then holed out next ball, in the deep off Jason Gillespie with 23 needed off the last three overs.

A couple of fortunate fours made it 13 required off the final 12 balls and tailender Mohammad Rafique then sliced Glenn McGrath, the world's premier fast bowler, for a four past point.

Seven were needed off the final over from Gillespie only for Aftab Ahmed to launch his first ball for six over long on before the pair scampered a run off the next delivery to spark a pitch invasion.

Australia, who surprisingly opted to bat on a pitch offering early seam movement against the lowest-ranked one-day side in the International Cricket Council table, had never looked settled after losing vice-captain Adam Gilchrist off the second ball of the match and his skipper Ricky Ponting for a single.

Their total sill looked enough against the lowest-ranked one-day side until Ashraful and Habibul Bashar, who made 47, put on 130 in 22 overs for the fourth wicket to produce a grandstand finish.

Before the start Australia had been ranked at 100-1 ON to beat Bangladesh, who England had thrashed in their test series before annihilating them by 10 wickets in the opening one-dayer of the tournament on Thursday.
Source

Too good too be true, Bangladesh paid ICC tons of money so that they wont loose their test playing status, ICC gave some tons of money to australia n told them to loose.

Thatz juz my theory :p

man...that was fixed....did u see how ponting was smiling at the end of the game. bloddy cunning fellow.
lots of bet must have been put on Australia to win....this loss must have made some bookies millionaires .

Totally off topic , but i strongly feel abt it , delete it if its irrelevant .

rigged or not , i personally have lost interest in cricket .

Dalmiya and his 5 men army running a multi billion dollar industry by themselves !! ridiculous , fugging corrupt . All the skeletons have come out in the open in the past months due to the BCCI elections . Game lovers and critics like Tom Alter strongly cirtisize Dalmiya in the open . The fact that after his term Dalmiya is still enjoyin some God dammed self concieved position is an insult to the sport , an insult to the sporting nation , where people live the game .

The coach doesnt have a say in the selection ? .... ! .... while some " already in by influence " selectors park their lil asses and decide the team , sweet ! .... Its like inviting nepotism .

With we Indians garnering so much of support to Indian cricket ,we are cheated .... and the only way i can protest is by abstaining myself from viewing it , its anyway irritating to watch .

We are so much critisized as a nation which cannot produce world class athletes at the olympics inspite of having the second largest population in the world . Well pretty much justified that pursuing that career in our nation doesnt have much or rather any monetary benifits .
But how do we explain this when it comes to cricket ...?!!!!
I simply fail to understand ...... Yea we have the tendulkars and the dravids ...... but more than that ,we need team play ..... a just team .... oppourtunities to the candidates who deserve a place .

watched that match actually :p (after a whole day on te trying to fix db errors tht i will watch aussies maul bangladesh :eek:hyeah: in the end they themselves got mauled.

And to those saying match fixed... u won't say that if you had watched the match. The key was aussies are coming after a bit of a break. Also they tried their best. Ponting had regula meeting with the ballers and was really biting his nails in the ending stages. He wasn't laughing, its was the kinda laugh or smile, whatever you wanna call, that you do when you get a shocker. I am dead sure he gave his team a mouthful tonight.
Anyway it is gonna be fun today, watching england take on aussies.

Btw ragin_ man you can't blame dalmiya too much here. There is little doubt that it was under him as ICC chief that cricket has gone places(for good or for bad.. but i feel it was good, maybe not now but in future atleast we will have almost all countries playing cricket which is better than 12. Already chinese are starting)
About his retaing presidentship and super admin of BCCI, better than having some corrupt politician mate. Atleast we do well in 1 sport. and have funds and power in world. Ok he pockets the cash too but i still feel its better than having politicians.
About selections, well as long as you have region based selectors, what more do you expect?

I too watched the match..but the last 3-4 overs really exciting and nailbiting...what was more joyous moment was to see the Bangladeshis celebrating ( + the crumbled look of Ricky Ponting and Jason Gillipsie )..Awesome!!!! :yahoo:

All these are the mind gmaes of the Aussies. They want to make England overconfident for the Ashes. All this is bloddy crap.

@ RaginIce ---- I LOVE YOU MAN!!! You seem someone like me. I am constantly cribbing out the IHF, BCCI, the IG(Indian government), the KG(Karanataka Govt) and every other dam govt agency to my family and they are finally sick of it.

I am disgusted with the way our country is run.....

NIkhil: (Takes a deep breath)(tells himself): This is a public forum. Must controil myself. Must control.

anyway, I think the Ausssies are playing mind games. Nothing else..... LOSING TO BANGLADESH??? NO WAY!!!

what no way.. they lost it fair and square.
mind games.. maybe after the match. Let me tell you they tried to win but couldn't. Anyway i am sure they won't repeat it. Every team has a bad day(india seems to have plenty of them :p )

SuperNova said:
Btw ragin_ man you can't blame dalmiya too much here. There is little doubt that it was under him as ICC chief that cricket has gone places(for good or for bad.. but i feel it was good, maybe not now but in future atleast we will have almost all countries playing cricket which is better than 12. Already chinese are starting)
About his retaing presidentship and super admin of BCCI, better than having some corrupt politician mate. Atleast we do well in 1 sport. and have funds and power in world. Ok he pockets the cash too but i still feel its better than having politicians.
About selections, well as long as you have region based selectors, what more do you expect?

I do acknowledge the fact that Dalmiya in his term has done good for the game , and certainly hats off to him for holding against the ICC when the top Indian players were embroiled in advertising thingy but its no compensation to the way he has manipulated things , its a huge country , and it involves fuggin huge amounts of money , u better be transparent about it when the nation's payin for it .... and the way he has gone about things by banning people from voting in the BCCI elections , i feel he is jus putting his weight around everywhere .

About some corrupt politician taking the post , its doesnt matter whatz the profession of a corrupt person , corruption is and can be exercised anywhere and everywhere.

Back