Car & Bike Automotive detailing products: source?

Grease Monk

Intertoob Ninja & Hamster Hunter Extraordinaire
Adept
Where can I pick up automotive detailing products in Chennai? I need a little more than the basics. Shampoo, detailing clay, polish, wax, chamois leather and maybe a wash mitt. I'm not too particular about brand right now, but I would prefer a shop which would provide me with some choice and have all the items listed above.

heh, i saw a post of yours on team-bhp regarding their dash cleaning product saying that you weren't too satisfied :) Surprised youre still recommending it :p

Anyway, everyone mentions their sky-high prices. I dont see anything mentioned on the site. What are they like?

hey. I've never tried anything from meguiars. never found any shop to have an adequate selection of anything here

the first dash protector i tried was some chinese thingy in an aerosol can - worked for a few hours and went back to the old looks

then i tried this 'vista' thing. its cheap, it lasts , but makes the surfaces a bit greasy

for the outside,I wash with formula shampoo and then some old solid wax (same co) and cotton waste. cheap, and i get to lose a little flab :p

I use the formula stuff because its kinda cheap and readily available, and makes the car look reasonably good. mine's white, and runs through some pretty dusty neighbourhoods, so no point overdoing the polishing

did anyone say meguiars? :p well here's my collection :eek:hyeah:

this, a bottle of Ultimate Quik Detailer and a tin of NXT 1.0 is missing from the pic :p. Also have stocked some 4-5 different turtle wax stuff.

Meguiars is AWESOME if you can afford it :D

Grease Monk said:
Argh! Will someone tell me how expensive it is.

Very. MRP of NXT 1.0 tin was 1800 :p although I knew a distributor and used to get 20% off hehe. all my megs purchases were made either in USA or Singapore. India has very less choice of products :(
PS : NXT 2.0 was 42$ for me, ~1500INR. 5 diff products cost me 150$ or 5K INR.

I'll probably have to shell out for detailing clay from Megs since I cant seem to find any other company in india offering it. Will probably get the rest from waxpol since i found a dealer near work. Unless anyone has any recommendations.

^^ you can buy detailing clay from 3M ..... but its little exoensive as they don't have smaller pack, AFAIR it was 3k when i chked last .....

@rahul: thanks. couldnt find any mention of it on the 3m website though. Whats the size of the pack?

@sunny: How much was just the wax from megs?

wax was 42SGD, clay kit was 40. kit comes with 2 bars, bottle of quik detailer and a microfiber kit. find some guy coming to chennai from singapore and i can send u a kit :p

Grease Monk said:
@rahul: thanks. couldnt find any mention of it on the 3m website though. Whats the size of the pack?

@sunny: How much was just the wax from megs?

when i got the exterior detailing i saw the 3M guy using it, it had 4 tennis ball size clay thing, and MRP mentioned was 3k i am not too sure of it, you can check it out in GN chetty road 3M outlet. its after the new flyover on the left handside when you are coming from t nagar .....

SunnyBoi said:
wax was 42SGD, clay kit was 40. kit comes with 2 bars, bottle of quik detailer and a microfiber kit. find some guy coming to chennai from singapore and i can send u a kit

wow, thats cheap .... let me know when are you coming back :p

Rahul said:
when i got the exterior detailing i saw the 3M guy using it, it had 4 tennis ball size clay thing, and MRP mentioned was 3k i am not too sure of it, you can check it out in GN chetty road 3M outlet. its after the new flyover on the left handside when you are coming from t nagar .....
Awesome, thanks!

Back