CPU/Mobo Availability of Intel 6700T or 7700T processors in India?

retro_gk

Recruit
Hi folks, anyone know of a reputable source for either of the above in India? I checked with a couple of refurbishing facilities, but they are unwilling to sell the processor alone. I can find them on r/hardwareswap and ebay for $100-190 used and $260-300 new, but getting them to India is another issue.

Building an experimental passively cooled video editing rig.

see this thread (https://techenclave.com/threads/hot-usa-to-india-new-service-cheap.194950/) or speak to @Ra.hul he might be able to help you get it from US/eBay.
Thanks, I will check that out. Getting a processor from the US is Plan B at the moment, mostly due to having to wait for 2-3 months.

Why do you need T for video editing ? These are more suitable for 24/7 low power consumption tasks.

As I understand it, the T series are designed for SFF and USFF form factors, the performance per watt is very good. There was a theory (on AnandTech, IIRC) that these are actually the highest bins for any processor class, with all the cores on a die being nearly identical in performance. The experiment is mostly to see how far I can push a passively cooled rig, video editing being more dependent on the number of cores/threads and storage/RAM speed than clock speeds.

I trawl through OLX often and I'm sure I saw someone selling a 7700t just yesterday but I can't find that listing again. They had priced it at 17k.

I did just find someone selling a 9700t for 20k. You can find their listing by searching for olx 9700t on google.

edit: as with all olx transactions, ask for their photo ID before sending payment to someone in a different city.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 1.37.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 1.37.57 AM.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Thanks. That one seems to be gone as well :p

I'm now leaning towards getting a refurbished HP prodesk with a processor of interest and maybe reselling the carcass.

Back