CPU/Mobo Availabilty of Asus P6T Deluxe \ Asus P6T Deluxe v2 in India

shadow2get

Recruit
Last week I had been to SP Road to get my system.

System Details:

1. Processor - Intel Core i7 920 - D0 Stepping - Rs. 14500 - GOT

2. Motherboard - Asus P6T Deluxe - Rs. 21000 - NOT AVAILABLE

3. RAM - Corsair DDR3 XMS C8 - 3 x 2GB - Will be getting it from kmd in a week

4. HDD - Seagate 500GB Barracuda 7200.12 - Rs. 2850 - GOT

5. DVD Writer - Sony SATA - Rs. 1125 - GOT

6. PSU - Corsair TX750W - Rs. 7600 - GOT

7. Cabinet - Cooler Master CM690 - Rs. 4600 - AVAILABLE - TO GET

8. Speakers - Logitech Z-5500 - Rs. 18000 - GOT

EDIT: Also got a Logitech Z-5500 for Rs. 18000 @ Ankit Inoftech a week before.

Being a regular customer of Pavan Computers, he offered me the lowest prices. I got all the components except for the Motherboard & Cabinet.

The Cooler Master CM690 normal edition wasn't available anywhere at all.

But he told me that I would get it on Monday morning. He called up today & confirmed that the cabinet has come.

The motherboard I had initially asked was Asus P6T Deluxe. Pavan computers told me that he can get it for me for 21k. But when he was placing the order with the distributor, he told that the motherboard is discontinued & Asus P6T Deluxe v2 is being replaced by that and at the same price. Also, he doesn't have them in stock. So if I wanted the v2, I have to place the order & it will take around 1 week to get it here.

I found the motherboard in 1 place: Ankit Infotech who offered me for Rs. 23000 + TAX. But since it was 2000 more than what Pavan was offering & Asus P6T Deluxe has some SAS issues, I decided to go for the Asus P6T Deluxe V2.

Since ASUS is distributed in India by Rashi, I called them up & asked. They said that 1 piece of P6T Deluxe is there with Ankit Infotech. The P6T Deluxe V2 isn't available & it would take atleast a week for them to get it if ordered.

Regarding the availability of Asus X58 boards, I wanted to know if this is the case everywhere (in other cities) in India.

Also, haven't seen any dealer here in TE offer ASUS X58 motherbards.

I haven't ordered the P6T Deluxe v2 yet. It would help me (or anyone wanting to buy) if any dealer has Asus P6T Deluxe v2 in stock.

Asus prolly outsells most other brands in India. But since Rashi has a pathetic customer support, quite a few people prefer other brands. Maybe that is why most dealers dont bother with Asus products here.

Also, just wondering if you have any reason to go for the Asus P6T? Evga X58 SLI beats it by a fair margin in terms of overclocking capabilities and you would not have to put up with Rashi too, in case something goes wrong.

RoBoGhOsT said:
which stepping i7 u got C0 or D0 ?

I got the D0 stepping - SLBEJ.

damn said:
Asus prolly outsells most other brands in India. But since Rashi has a pathetic customer support, quite a few people prefer other brands. Maybe that is why most dealers dont bother with Asus products here.

Also, just wondering if you have any reason to go for the Asus P6T? Evga X58 SLI beats it by a fair margin in terms of overclocking capabilities and you would not have to put up with Rashi too, in case something goes wrong.

Yes, I have heard about the pathethic support from Rashi. But atleast they can try to improve. If the dealers here deal directly with Asus, then it wouldn't be an issue I guess.

I do know that the EVGA X58 SLI is much better than the P6T Deluxe in terms of SLI PCIe slot Placement, overclocking & its superb after sales support, but the budget of Rs. 26500 is almost too much for me, considering that I have already spent so much on other items.

Actually, I also got a Logitech Z-5500 for Rs. 18000 @ Ankit Inoftech.

D0 out so soon? It was in the news a couple of weeks back. Man that's phaast! :p

Chuck the Asus board man. Go with a Gigabyte board such as the UD5. Its priced around ~17k IINM. Splurging 3~4k more doesn't make sense IMO.

^ Yes, go for UD5, you dont even have to compromise anything if you go for it against P6T v2.

On the other hand, my friend got P6T v2 and it took us 20 attempts to start, not that all P6Ts are buggy but wth :S

:drool2: is it available anywhere else ? or it will be nice if someone from bang can buy it for me and ship ? :ashamed:

ummm at this link - Intel® Core? i7-920 Processor (8M Cache, 2.66 GHz, 4.80 GT/s Intel® QPI) with SPEC Code(s) SLBCH, SLBEJ

Intel mentioned -

Memory Types DDR3-800/1066

so getting a RAM over 1066 mhz of speed is recommended for i7 920??

just in doubt.. :huh:

and ya am sort of getting the same config -

but am still confused about my gfx - my budget for it is 18-19k to max. am cofused b.w. - gtx 260,280,285 and prolly b.w. - ati 4870,4870x2(if I can afford),4890...so in all m TOTALLY confused for the final selection of my card.. :(

and ya 1 monitor which has atleast 1900X1200 or 1920X1080 or resolution and a 5ms around response time.samsung t240 looks good..

I will be playing lot of games and will be doing my 3d application work on this system..other suggestions are welcomed..sorry to post here but just did nt wanted to wait long to get response for a new thread if i create it...

Pro suggestions will be Highly appreciated ..thanks

(very confused me)

Back