Avast Home Edition Antivirus Users!- a little Help pls

Icon_211

Disciple
i have been using Avast HE for more than three years and im pretty satisfied with the service and performance they offer free of cost:)

but today morning i saw some weird behavior of its (resident)scanning system which has reported Spybot.exe as a trojen virus!:S which i trusted and using it for the past 3 years without any problem. not only spybot but Teracopy, Audacity, Imageburn, run scanner etc. it did not allow me to access those softwares so i forced to move it to chest or to uninstall completely:mad:

i have never seen such a behavior before! i wont say that my system is 100% secure but i know my best PC defensive measures to take.

i have Avast Home edition, Comodo firewall, Spybot SD in my system to cover the basic security threats (all r up to date). Im using windows vista 32bit OS.

before i report it as a false positive i have to confirm it what is causing like that with TE members here... last update was on late night and today my data transfer rate is just 7mb/sec from a c:drive to e:drive:S,

im confused really now:huh:

Icon_211 said:
i have been using Avast HE for more than three years and im pretty satisfied with the service and performance they offer free of cost:)

but today morning i saw some weird behavior of its (resident)scanning system which has reported Spybot.exe as a trojen virus!:S which i trusted and using it for the past 3 years without any problem. not only spybot but Teracopy, Audacity, Imageburn, run scanner etc. it did not allow me to access those softwares so i forced to move it to chest or to uninstall completely:mad:

i have never seen such a behavior before! i wont say that my system is 100% secure but i know my best PC defensive measures to take.

i have Avast Home edition, Comodo firewall, Spybot SD in my system to cover the basic security threats (all r up to date). Im using windows vista 32bit OS.

before i report it as a false positive i have to confirm it what is causing like that with TE members here... last update was on late night and today my data transfer rate is just 7mb/sec from a c:drive to e:drive:S,

im confused really now:huh:

Apparently it's a false positive. I'm getting the same virus warning as are plenty of others, after downloading the latest Avast update:

Trojan Horse Virus problem? D: Win32:Delf-MZG? - Yahoo! Answers

Avast Win32:Delf-MZG [Trj] Trojan Warning and SpyBot Search and Destroy

thanks for ur reply bud, my confusion gone:D

it seems the new virus database update has a bug in it, so we have to wait for next update with a proper fix in it:hap2:

this stupid Avast made me to uninstall some of my trusted softwares this morning i have been busy uninstalling those reported softwares without trying to find a clear solution on net bcoz im scared to connect net:D:D:D

i have to re-install those softwares almost 11:S

Icon_211 said:
thanks for ur reply bud, my confusion gone:D

it seems the new virus database update has a bug in it, so we have to wait for next update with a proper fix in it:hap2:

this stupid Avast made me to uninstall some of my trusted softwares this morning i have been busy uninstalling those reported softwares without trying to find a clear solution on net bcoz im scared to connect net:D:D:D

i have to re-install those softwares almost 11:S

well i used to use comodo professional some 2 years back - but these problems occurred back then too. So many of my original game .exe' were deleted or send to quarantine. I deleted it and have never used it since. I use comodo internet security which is free and is great. Have been using it for the last 2 years and my PC is on 24x7 with no outbreak of virus etc. I also use spybot in parallel.

List of things Avast will have problems with (AFAI remember)

UT.exe
speed.exe (from NFS MW)
cricket.exe (cricket 95)
CPlay
soundforge etc

PS: Only glich with comodo happened 2 weeks back with the new version of SW and updates (it downloads 100 MB virus updates which is hopefully slow). Else the machine runs fast and it uses very little memory.

Back