Laptops Avoid Asus - Cheap Quality + Too High Price for exterior damage

sunzeal

Disciple
Hi

I just got a new Asus laptop for 48,000/- and the screen got break suddenly from inside suddenly when i was on my email.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://i43.tinypic.com/2e30llk.jpg[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://i44.tinypic.com/14ccuvr.jpg[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Now they say that it is caused due to physical damage however it is not.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Its just caused due to their cheap quality screens.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]New Screen = 18,000/- ( WTF.!!!!!! )) - SUCH A LOOT[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Their are various other cases similar to me
<
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Check this out :[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]

http://forum.eeeuser...showtopic=46735

I Brought ASUS laptop just a month back and i forced my DAD to go for ASUS rather than Dell.

Now my Dell is HELL Shouting at me on why did i go for ASUS and i din't have any answer.

So please guys, don't go for ASUS
<

really sorry to hear that man.

asus certainly has a bad record when it comes to warranty and that they use cheap quality products is nothing new.

did you try shooting a mail directly to asus? you should take this complaint to them directly;this is daylight robbery.

i thought Asus was a good brand however i was sure their might be some difference in quality as laptop with same specs of mine but in Dell costs like 11,000/- more so i had that thought in mind, but i decided to trust Asus Brand.

I had realized that i was not just one with that problem but their are lot of other people whose screen ( from inside ) cracked just randomly now Asus doesn't provide warranty for such things and charge you 18,000/- for new screen which is pretty HEFTY.

Yes, the quotation of Rs 18,000/- for new screen came from Asus Service Center from Charni Road.

Mate, before bad mouthing ASUS just think whether you could have done the crack yourself. You could have pressed down on the lid too hard.

I would say that speak to ASUS and try to get it fixed somehow. Since there are no cracks on the front, you have to get them convinced to open it up and check the backside of the panel

As for the reply from vtm, standard apple lover i-have-apple-products-and-you-dont-have-one reply. :yawn:

This is really shocking, I too advised some of my colleagues to buy ASUS instead of Dell/HP/Lenovo as Asus had better config at same price. Thank god they haven't faced this.

OP,

I feel you should send a email to Asus and explain your stand as others suggested. Give them links as many people already faced this problem.

There is no point in selling cheap stuff and looting customers there after.

Sorry to hear about your laptop mate.

I was planning on buying an Asus lappie this month, but I think I'll go with a Lenovo or Sony now.

Try contacting Asus directly, and if that doesn't work out, get the screen replaced from a laptop repair shop, and not the Asus service centre. I'm sure they'll do it for much less than 18k.

http://www.laptopscreen.com/index.php?section=products&brand=ASUS&series=Other ASUS Models

Or if you're feeling adventurous, maybe you can do it yourself. Your warranty will be void if you give to another repair shop anyway.

Most screens seem to be priced below Rs.8000/- on the link above. And they've got videos of people repairing screens. I bet you can find something cheaper too, if you look hard enough.

http://www.laptopscreenonline.com/asus-22-c.asp

http://www.screentekinc.com/Asus-laptops-lcd-screens.shtml

Another site for screens.

Just a thought...but maybe you can use this as an excuse to upgrade the screen. Get one with a 1440*900 or 1600*900 resolution instead of your default one.

OMG! HP have repaired my 2 month old laptop LCD with whole LCD Lid replacement for free under Accidental warranty protection. So HP is better in this case.

Hey, beware of Lenovo too !! They too make cheap quality products. They just focus on marketing. I am already having much problems with my Lenovo laptop like screen problem, the hinge broke thrice within 6 months. My friends are also facing same problem with Lenovo brand (Ideapad), don't know about Thinkpad.. Though their Service Centers are helpful, but you'll be facing much problems with your laptop.

Sorry to hear about ur lappy. Like someone said, get it repaired locally or DIY.

Dell, Sony Vaio and Toshiba are the only Lappy brands I trust for build quality. I just love the quality of the Vaios.

i thought Asus was a good brand however i was sure their might be some difference in quality as laptop with same specs of mine but in Dell costs like 11,000/- more so i had that thought in mind, but i decided to trust Asus Brand.

I had realized that i was not just one with that problem but their are lot of other people whose screen ( from inside ) cracked just randomly now Asus doesn't provide warranty for such things and charge you 18,000/- for new screen which is pretty HEFTY.

Yes, the quotation of Rs 18,000/- for new screen came from Asus Service Center from Charni Road.

Be careful man.. their motherboards are really good.. their graphics cards are also quite good... but their monitors and laptops are just crap!!! the monitors have severe backlight bleed issues and laptops are just flimsy chinese s#$t!!

You can get the screen replaced from a local shop for around 8K.

My first laptop was an Acer Aspire. I dropped in once and the screen cracked, I checked with some local shops and they offered me a new LCD screen for 8K(in the year 2006), so the price should be much lesser now. But fortunately I got it replaced from Acer service center itself, for free!

How is the build quality of MSi & Gigabyte Laptops? they both offer two years wasrranty instead of one like all other brands.

i beg to differ here.

I have the ASUS K53S series and ive dropped it a couple of times yet no issues whatsoever.

And if there were some issues with the LED backlight trust me i wouldve been the first one to face it since i rrely turn my lappy off.

Am sorry to hear what happened to your lappy.,
<

I Bought the Asus G53SW 6 months ago and it has better look/feel/finish than my Alienware m15x. Oh and it is built like a rock..

When i got the laptop it had dead pixels in it, which they replaced for free in a single day.. Beat that for a service..

OP, from the link you suggested, it seems there was physical damage to the screen as many members there have noted. I am just hoping this is not a troll thread.

Back