FS: Laptop Azom Exigo 15 (Desktop replacement) || Clevo P750DM2 || i7-6700 (Desktop) || 16GB DDR4 || GTX 1060 6GB || 1TB HDD + 128GB NVME SSD || 2022 Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

axmac

Disciple
Expected Price (Rs)
Shipping from
New Delhi
Item Condition
4 out of 5
Payment Options
  1. Bank Transfer
Purchase Date
Dec 20, 2016
Shipping Charges
Local buyers only
Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
None
Invoice Available?
Yes
Reason for Sale
Buying a new laptop
Selling my chonky and reliable 6 year old desktop replacement Azom machine (azom.io if you want to search for the brand. It is a high quality enthusiast brand which resells Clevo barebones machines).
Original invoice of Rs 1.40L available.

Pros:
++ Highly reliable - Doesn't come close to hanging/lagging even under heavy load. No BSODs. A great everyday performer.
++ Good graphics performance - I finished RDR2 with 40-45FPS on Heavy. Was able to play Spiderman on High most recently. The 1060 6GB is still going strong in 2022. Great cooling too.
++ Quality internals - The RAM is DDR4 2133MHz G.Skill Ripjaws, The 128GB SSD is a Samsung PCIe 3.0 NVME SSD. HDD is 1TB 7200 RPM. Intel Killer WiFi.
++ Upgrade able - It has 4 RAM slots and multiple SSD slots.
++ Second battery - I imported a new battery from the US in late 2021/early 2022, so it doesn't drop dead in a few minutes (Gives ~2 hours on casual use)
++ Ports-able if not portable - Has 2 USB C ports, 4 USB A ports, an SD card slot, HDMI

Cons:
-- Kinda heavy (3.6Kgs for the laptop). It's a thicc boy.
-- 2-3h battery life at best because of the desktop replacement nature.
-- Shows some wear on the trackpad area (As seen in the pictures) - but works fine though. It seems to be some matte coating peeling off.

Original charging brick included.
Haven't seen many Azom/Clevo sale posts around, so hard too put a price. But negotiable. You tell me reasons with examples and I will be willing to listen and tune my price accordingly.
Happy to talk to people who appreciate the use of a desktop replacement. It is a niche market. This WON'T serve the needs of someone who needs a portable gaming laptop, so snark and lowball offers from a thin and light perspective may be avoided.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 390
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 372
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 370
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 365
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 369
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 384
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 380
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 403
Just dug up a quote I had from Azom from Feb 2017 with the newer gen CPU.
Old site used to be https://www.azom.systems but now they are here at https://azom.io
Around then I believe system76 was also selling Clevo barebones
Passionate people and performant systems. GLWS @axmac

Azom Laptop - Exigo
Clevo Barebone - P750DM2
Display - 15.6” IPS Full-HD 1920x1080 60Hz Matte (anti-glare)
CPU - Intel Kaby Lake Desktop Grade i5-7500
GPU - NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5
RAM1 - 8GB 2133MHz DDR4
RAM2 - Empty
RAM3 - Empty
RAM4 - Empty
Storage1 - SATA 2.5” 1TB 7200rpm HDD
Storage2 - Empty (SATA 2.5" HDD/SSD)
Storage3 - Empty (M.2 PCIe/SATA SSD)
Storage4 - Empty (M.2 PCIe/SATA SSD)
Wireless - Intel Wireless-AC 8260, dual band, 2x2 + Bluetooth 4.2
Sound - Sound Blaster X-FI MB5, ESS SABRE Hi-Fi DAC headphone audio, 2 x Speakers
Trackpad - Synaptics SecurePad, Integrated Fingerprint Sensor
Card Reader - 6-in-1 Push-Push Card reader
Keyboard - Customizable backlit, anti-ghost keys
Camera - 2.0M FHD Video camera
Optical Drive - None
Battery - 8 cell (82Wh)

Operating System - Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit (Pre-loaded)

Price - ₹ 1,18,800/- plus tax @5% VAT
Warranty - 1 year (extendable only at time of purchase by 1 year for 9,000/- and 2 years for 15,000/-)

CPU upgrade options -
CPU Intel Skylake Desktop Grade i7-7700 - Rs. 9,200/- extra
CPU Intel Skylake Desktop Grade i7-7700K - Rs. 12,400/- extra

Barebone + GPU upgrade options -
15.6" Exigo + NVidia GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 - Rs. 25,500/- extra (Full-HD 1920x1080 60Hz IPS Matte)
17.3” Legion + NVidia GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5 - Rs. 1,01,700/- extra (QHD 2560x1440 120Hz AHVA Matte G-sync)

Component options -
RAM 8GB 2133MHz DDR4 - Rs. 3,200/-
RAM 16GB 2133MHz DDR4 - Rs. 8,600/-
SSD M.2 2280 120GB SATA - Rs. 5,200/-
SSD M.2 2280 240GB SATA - Rs. 7,700/-
SSD M.2 2280 480GB SATA - Rs. 15,200/-
SSD M.2 2280 120GB PCIe - Rs. 7,300/-
SSD M.2 2280 240GB PCIe - Rs. 10,600/-
SSD M.2 2280 480GB PCIe - Rs. 18,400/-
SSD M.2 2280 1TB PCIe - Rs. 35,500/-
HDD 1TB 5400rpm - Rs. 5,200/-
HDD 1TB 7200rpm - Rs. 6,200/-
I think you unit has the same trackpad as per this quote : Trackpad - Synaptics SecurePad, Integrated Fingerprint Sensor

Just dug up a quote I had from Azom from Feb 2017 with the newer gen CPU.
Old site used to be https://www.azom.systems but now they are here at https://azom.io
Around then I believe system76 was also selling Clevo barebones
Passionate people and performant systems. GLWS @axmac

I think you unit has the same trackpad as per this quote : Trackpad - Synaptics SecurePad, Integrated Fingerprint Sensor
Haha, yeah. I had a very similar quote on gmail too. At the time, I talked to Harsh, the co-founder, directly to help make the decision on the configuration.
Excellent laptop, served me well. (And still would if not for the fact that I am moving around a lot and I have to go for a more portable machine).

Reactions: rr9
Are you open to shipping? My location is all the way to the west near Mumbai. I had a couple of questions regarding the laptop and don't want to clutter the thread.

Are you open to shipping? My location is all the way to the west near Mumbai. I had a couple of questions regarding the laptop and don't want to clutter the thread.
Sure, I can ship. Most offers I've been getting have been shipping, so if that's the way to go - no worries. PM me and we can discuss.

Sure, I can ship. Most offers I've been getting have been shipping, so if that's the way to go - no worries. PM me and we can discuss.
Some queries related to the laptop:
1) Has the laptop ever being serviced?
2) Has the thermal paste ever being reapplied?
3) Did you use a cooling pad with the system?
4) Is the processer socketed or soldered to the system board?
5) I saw the CrystalDiskMark screenshot of the SSD. Can you share a CrystalDiskInfo report of the Toshiba HDD and the SSD.
6) Have you ever installed Linux on it?
The reason for asking these questions in the thread is that it needs moderator approval as I still don't have direct posting privilege's and I cannot initiate PMs. I've been messaging you from 16th Feb night onwards asking you to PM but the posts are not being approved as they are not adding value to the thread and are just asking you to PM and hence the moderators have not approved them. I even replied to your message in the morning but even that post was not approved. So I'm asking these questions in the thread so that at least this post reaches u. Please initiate a PM so that we can discuss this further.

Some queries related to the laptop:
1) Has the laptop ever being serviced?
2) Has the thermal paste ever being reapplied?
3) Did you use a cooling pad with the system?
4) Is the processer socketed or soldered to the system board?
5) I saw the CrystalDiskMark screenshot of the SSD. Can you share a CrystalDiskInfo report of the Toshiba HDD and the SSD.
6) Have you ever installed Linux on it?
The reason for asking these questions in the thread is that it needs moderator approval as I still don't have direct posting privilege's and I cannot initiate PMs. I've been messaging you from 16th Feb night onwards asking you to PM but the posts are not being approved as they are not adding value to the thread and are just asking you to PM and hence the moderators have not approved them. I even replied to your message in the morning but even that post was not approved. So I'm asking these questions in the thread so that at least this post reaches u. Please initiate a PM so that we can discuss this further.
Okay - PMing you.

Bump. Especially local (Delhi NCR). Lots of shipping offers received, so this will be most likely sold in the next week or so.

Product received by @krsamy with no damages. Packing by DTDC was really well done. Please send any comments and 'Add feedback' if everything looks okay after testing.

Edit: Thank you for the feedback. Just sent the same to you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back